    that were burned using my Liteon LVW-1107 stand-alone setup DVD
    recorder. Can you guys make any recommendations for a good low cost
    player? Thanks.

    Nay-Sayer, Jan 7, 2008

  2. Nay-Sayer

    Keith Guest

    Nay-Sayer wrote:
    > Looking to buy a new DVD Player. Will be used mostly to play DVDs
    > that were burned using my Liteon LVW-1107 stand-alone setup DVD
    > recorder. Can you guys make any recommendations for a good low cost
    > player? Thanks.

    I got a cheap one from Wal-Mart for like $30. It works great with all
    my DVD+-R's and DVD+-RW's, audio CD's etc. It' plays everything I throw
    at it, except maybe MP3's. But for a little more cash , ya got that too...

    Keith

    Keith, Jan 7, 2008

  3. Nay-Sayer

    nick Guest

    Nay-Sayer wrote:
    > Looking to buy a new DVD Player. Will be used mostly to play DVDs
    > that were burned using my Liteon LVW-1107 stand-alone setup DVD
    > recorder. Can you guys make any recommendations for a good low cost
    > player? Thanks.

    I like the low end Phillips players for around 30 bucks because
    they play PAL and NTSC and can be hacked to be region free.

    nick, Jan 7, 2008
  4. Nay-Sayer

    PapaBear Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > Nay-Sayer wrote:
    >> Looking to buy a new DVD Player. Will be used mostly to play DVDs
    >> that were burned using my Liteon LVW-1107 stand-alone setup DVD
    >> recorder. Can you guys make any recommendations for a good low cost
    >> player? Thanks.
    >>

    > I got a cheap one from Wal-Mart for like $30. It works great with all my
    > DVD+-R's and DVD+-RW's, audio CD's etc. It' plays everything I throw at
    > it, except maybe MP3's. But for a little more cash , ya got that too...
    >
    > Keith

    Ditto. I got one from Wal-Mart:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4810670
    Cheap, fast, works like a charm (bug-free), plays everything, good video and
    sound, and has a S-Video output connector which I need. Most of the models
    with HDMI do not have a S-Video connector.

    PapaBear, Jan 7, 2008
  5. Nay-Sayer

    Paul MR Guest

    Nay-Sayer wrote:
    > Looking to buy a new DVD Player. Will be used mostly to play DVDs
    > that were burned using my Liteon LVW-1107 stand-alone setup DVD
    > recorder. Can you guys make any recommendations for a good low cost
    > player? Thanks.

    I've been very happy with the Philips 3140 I bought last May at Circuit
    City for about $40. It plays everything I own including +R, -R, +RW,
    -RW, CDs and DVD audios. The digital sound output is terrific.
    Paul in San Francisco

    Paul MR, Jan 8, 2008