    about Ghost? Do I have to buy Ghost Server or is there a Ghost
    server? I noticed Ghost 2003 being offered everywhere at a low price.
    Anything on Download.com,twocows.com or Majorgeeks.com?

    Bobby Fischler, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Bobby Fischler

    Robert Guest

    Bobby Fischler wrote:

    > Is there anything out there for NT Server 4.0 that is not $400.

    How about Linux? Knoppix should do the trick for you take a look at Google
    for more instruktions.
    --
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

    Robert, Aug 18, 2004

  3. "Bobby Fischler" <> wrote in message
    > I bought True Image 7.0 in the hopes of cloning a PC running NT
    > Server. It does act as a file server for a few users. I bought
    > Acronis TI 7.0 expecting that it would work without a problem. The
    > server version is over $400 so I tried the stand alone or workstation
    > - yes my fault. I wasted $68 with the back up ROM and service. I
    > tried using it and it detects NT Server and bombs out. I cannot pull
    > the files to image on a machine on the small network either.
    >
    > Is there anything out there for NT Server 4.0 that is not $400. How
    > about Ghost? Do I have to buy Ghost Server or is there a Ghost
    > server? I noticed Ghost 2003 being offered everywhere at a low price.
    > Anything on Download.com,twocows.com or Majorgeeks.com?

    My workstation version of DriveImage works on any machine, provided
    that I use the emergency recovery CD.

    The same applies to the current version of Acronis TrueImage.

    You can do the same thing for free by doing this:
    - Boot the server with a Bart boot CD (www.bootdisk.com). To
    manufacture one, you need a WinXP Professional CD (but no licence
    key!) and a CD burner.
    - Run zip.exe to zip up the server disk. Use the appropriate switches
    to include hidden files & permissions.
    - On recovery you have run a couple of commands to restore the
    boot process.

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Aug 18, 2004
  4. Bobby Fischler

    Eric Gisin Guest

    DFS does raw imaging with optional compression. www.dfsee.com

    If the OS volume is FAT, you can install NT on another disk and use xcopy or
    zip.

    Eric Gisin, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Bobby Fischler

    Peter Guest

    Bobby,
    Can you please describe what is your objective, steps performed and exact
    error message?
    So you want to "clone a PC running NT Server", is that mean you want to have
    another identical server running on your network? I hope not.
    You have tried using it, how? What did you exactly do?
    It "bombs out", can you be a bit more specific/technical?
    You "cannot pull the files to image on a machine on the small network",
    which files to what image?

    Sure there is a lot of programs for disk imaging. Each of them has its own
    strenghts and weaknesses, recommendation depends on what you want to
    acomplish.

    Peter, Aug 19, 2004