    anywhere close to that capacity something around 32 16 or even 8 would be
    more suitable... Anyone know of any place online or in Canada that sell old
    mem sticks at drastically reduced costs? (used is fine as long as not DOA)
    F, May 27, 2004

  2. On Thu, 27 May 2004 12:07:37 +0100, "F" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of any place that sells low
    >capacity memory sticks? (new/used)
    >
    >I need one for my sony clie but 64+MB is a bit much since I would never use
    >anywhere close to that capacity something around 32 16 or even 8 would be
    >more suitable... Anyone know of any place online or in Canada that sell old
    >mem sticks at drastically reduced costs? (used is fine as long as not DOA)

    I found a 32 MB one here for $27.95:

    http://www.flash-memory-store.com/bsansonmemst.html

    And for $26.00, with free shipping:

    http://www.computergiants.com/items/one_item.asp?part=72099&cat=64&subsubcat=327
    --
    Mike Koenecke
    to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"
    Mike Koenecke, May 27, 2004

  3. F

    Paul W. Ross Guest

    Have you tried Ebay??
    Paul W. Ross, May 28, 2004
  4. F

    Mark B. Guest

    "Mike Koenecke" <> wrote in message

    > I found a 32 MB one here for $27.95:
    >
    > http://www.flash-memory-store.com/bsansonmemst.html
    >
    > And for $26.00, with free shipping:

    http://www.computergiants.com/items/one_item.asp?part=72099&cat=64&subsubcat=327
    > --
    > Mike Koenecke
    > to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

    I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping. I
    also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly to
    pay nearly the same price for half the memory.

    Mark
    Mark B., May 28, 2004
  5. On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:17:12 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Mike Koenecke" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I found a 32 MB one here for $27.95:
    >>
    >> http://www.flash-memory-store.com/bsansonmemst.html
    >>
    >> And for $26.00, with free shipping:
    >>

    >http://www.computergiants.com/items/one_item.asp?part=72099&cat=64&subsubcat=327
    >> --
    >> Mike Koenecke
    >> to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

    >I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping. I
    >also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly to
    >pay nearly the same price for half the memory.
    >
    >Mark

    Certainly. If it were me, I'd have gone for the 128MB, which can be
    had for around $32.
    Mike Koenecke, May 28, 2004
  6. F

    Seymore Guest

    I've got 2 sticks, a 4 & 8M, that I could let go of. Please drop me a
    line...

    Seymore...
    Owner of a F717 & S85+... and luvin' it!
    remove "REMOVE" to reply

    Seymore, May 28, 2004
  7. F

    > On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:17:12 -0400, "Mark B."
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping.

    > >also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly

    > >pay nearly the same price for half the memory.
    > >
    > >Mark

    > Certainly. If it were me, I'd have gone for the 128MB, which can be
    > had for around $32.
    > --
    > Mike Koenecke
    > to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

    Well I guess I missed that. When I bought a 128MB stick a couple months
    ago, I paid about $40.

    Mark
    Mark B., May 28, 2004
  8. On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:14:06 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Mike Koenecke" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:17:12 -0400, "Mark B."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping.

    >> >also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly

    >> >pay nearly the same price for half the memory.
    >> >
    >> >Mark

    >> Certainly. If it were me, I'd have gone for the 128MB, which can be
    >> had for around $32.
    >> --
    >> Mike Koenecke
    >> to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

    >Well I guess I missed that. When I bought a 128MB stick a couple months
    >ago, I paid about $40.

    I just checked Pricewatch, searching for "Sony Memory Stick NOT
    Reader". Surpluscomputers.com has a Lexar 128MB for $32 with free
    shipping. I was tempted to buy one, but hope to upgrade to a TH55 and
    get a larger stick.
    Mike Koenecke, May 28, 2004
  9. F

    >> I just checked Pricewatch, searching for "Sony Memory Stick NOT

    > Reader". Surpluscomputers.com has a Lexar 128MB for $32 with free
    > shipping. I was tempted to buy one, but hope to upgrade to a TH55 and
    > get a larger stick.
    > --
    > Mike Koenecke
    > to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

    That's exactly the reason I got the 128MB stick. I love the TH55. I held
    off upgrading from a Handera until there was a color unit with a virtual
    silkscreen. Teriffic unit.

    Mark
    Mark B., May 29, 2004
  10. F

    Russell Guest

    Why the obsession with low capacity?
    If you mean *cheap*, that's another entirely valid question.

    It's not as if it add pounds....excuse me, kilos to your pocket.
    Nor is there any appreciable wear and tear to the larger sizes.
    I'm not sure about power drain, but I suspect that it's far less
    than the screen consumes.

    Even if you don't store working files on the stick, still it's
    great for backing up main memory as protection from the eventual
    crash or fat-fingered fumble, and you can keep several
    generations of backups readily available without having the pain
    of a full HotSync recovery.

    Russell, Jun 4, 2004
  11. F

    Preacher Guest

    Russell <> wrote:

    > Why the obsession with low capacity?
    > If you mean *cheap*, that's another entirely valid question.
    >
    > It's not as if it add pounds....excuse me, kilos to your pocket.
    > Nor is there any appreciable wear and tear to the larger sizes.
    > I'm not sure about power drain, but I suspect that it's far less
    > than the screen consumes.
    >
    > Even if you don't store working files on the stick, still it's
    > great for backing up main memory as protection from the eventual
    > crash or fat-fingered fumble, and you can keep several
    > generations of backups readily available without having the pain
    > of a full HotSync recovery.

    Can't answer for the OP, but my own rationale for looking for a
    low-capacity stick was hoping that it would be VERY cheap. IOW, if a
    128MB stick can be had for $32, maybe someone would give up an old 16MB
    stick for $5-10. And since the 16MB size would be more than enough, why
    spend the extra $20+?

    Unfortunately, I've never seen anything like that, which leads me to
    believe that it's probably better to just get the brand new, still
    warranteed 128MB stick.
    Preacher, Jun 4, 2004
  12. F

    stewy Guest

    "F" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of any place that sells

    low
    > capacity memory sticks? (new/used)
    >
    > I need one for my sony clie but 64+MB is a bit much since I would never

    use
    > anywhere close to that capacity something around 32 16 or even 8 would be
    > more suitable... Anyone know of any place online or in Canada that sell

    old
    > mem sticks at drastically reduced costs? (used is fine as long as not DOA)

    Send me your address and I'll mail you my 8mb stick free of charge - it just
    takes up space in the wallet.
    stewy, Jun 9, 2004
  13. F

    stewy Guest

    "F" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of any place that sells

    low
    > capacity memory sticks? (new/used)
    >
    > I need one for my sony clie but 64+MB is a bit much since I would never

    use
    > anywhere close to that capacity something around 32 16 or even 8 would be
    > more suitable... Anyone know of any place online or in Canada that sell

    old
    > mem sticks at drastically reduced costs? (used is fine as long as not DOA)

    Sorry forgot to add - change the i in lycis to an o
    stewy, Jun 9, 2004