    I'm experiencing the same problem with a D-LINK DIR-300. When I connect directly to the Cable Modem I receive 10Mbps. When I connect via the router I receive 3-4.5 Mbps.
    Let me know.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Efrem Litwin, Dec 31, 2008

  2. Hi
    In absence of ant other info concerning your setting.
    Take a look at the Router's MTU to make sure that it configured correctly.
    If the Router has Qos make sure that it set to allow max. Traffic.
    Otherwise call -Link support the specific unit might be defective.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MS, MVP-Networking\), Dec 31, 2008

  3. Efrem Litwin

    Efrem Litwin Guest

    Low Bandwidth with D-LINK DIR-300 Router - Solved

    D-Link solved my problem.

    I had a L2TP connection configured.
    When I changed it to a PPPT connection as defined by my ISP, I received the 10Mbps bandwidth with the DIR-300 router.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng

    Efrem Litwin, Jan 12, 2009