    Thanks in advance,
    Jason
    , Dec 23, 2006

  2. Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > My Nikon D50 has his neat feature on it's built-in display. I can
    > "zoom in" on a section of the photograph. When I thumb the wheel to
    > advance to the next (or prior) pic, the view selection stays put. So I
    > can compare a half dozen shots of the same scene for good facial
    > expression, sharpness, etc. But it's a small screen so it's a rough
    > sieve at best.
    >
    > Once I get them on my computer I have no means to do the exact same
    > thing (cycle through a set of pictures while remaining zoomed).
    >
    > Suggestions?

    IIRC, Lightroom does this - you can zoom in, and it stays zoomed in
    even when selecting another image, until you tell it to zoom back out
    again. No guarantee that the zoomed in portion will match up in any
    fashion to the previous pic, but you can drag the image around while
    zoomed.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Dec 23, 2006

  3. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > My Nikon D50 has his neat feature on it's built-in display. I can
    > "zoom in" on a section of the photograph. When I thumb the wheel to
    > advance to the next (or prior) pic, the view selection stays put. So
    > I can compare a half dozen shots of the same scene for good facial
    > expression, sharpness, etc. But it's a small screen so it's a rough
    > sieve at best.
    >
    > Once I get them on my computer I have no means to do the exact same
    > thing (cycle through a set of pictures while remaining zoomed).
    >
    > Suggestions?

    ACDSee from www.acdsystems.com does this nicely.
    Once you zoom in on an image (or simply draw a box on a portion of the image
    you're viewing, and then click...which instantly zooms that portion to full
    screen), you then activate zoom/pan lock. Now you cn scroll through your
    images and not only keep the zoom level, but also the location in the frame.
    So if, for example, you shot a series of portraits, and wanted to check the
    eyes in a series of similar poses, you could easily lock on the eye area,
    and scroll through all image.

    It's very effective and quick/easy to use via ACDSee.

    -Mark²
    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Dec 23, 2006