    some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So far
    I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any ideas?
    Many thanks in anticipation.

    harrythebrod, Jul 23, 2005

  2. harrythebrod

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "harrythebrod" <> wrote in message
    news:dbtmqo$2vk$-infra.bt.com...
    > Please help
    > I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
    > some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
    > far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
    > ideas?
    > Many thanks in anticipation.

    What is wrong? Error messages?

    I've not had any problems whatsoever using WordPro ME on XP. When installing
    the full suite, there is a message that Aproach is not compatible. Since I
    don't use Approach, I install without it (123, WordPro, Freelance, etc.)

    IBM is currently selling Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 which is supposed to have
    resolved the difficulties with XP:
    http://www.lotus.com/products/product2.nsf/wdocs/ssfacthttp://www.lotus.com/products/product2.nsf/wdocs/ssfact>

    So go shopping:
    http://www.clickcooldeals.com/show_detail.php?item_id=36
    http://www.westgatemedia.com/products/lotus_smart98.php

    Search Google for Lotus SmartSuite ME 9.8 and you'll find lots of other
    retailers.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2005

  3. harrythebrod

    Guest

    You could try "right clicking" on the Wordpro icon, tabbing to
    "compatablility" where you will find a "compatibility" menu, using this
    you can elect to run in Windows 98 mode.

    It dosen't work for everything, and I have had no experience with Lotus
    in Win XP, but give it a go and see what happens.

    If not, why not try Star office, a cheaper alternative to MS products,
    which you can evalute here:
    http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/get/index.xml#eval

    Good Luck,
    Niall

    , Jul 23, 2005
  4. harrythebrod

    DJSim Guest

    You can also download OpenOffice which is free.

    http://www.openoffice.org

    Sim

    DJSim, Jul 23, 2005
  5. harrythebrod

    wanadoo Guest

    I'm running Wordpro on XP with no problem, though as someone said, Approach
    won't.

    Try uninstalling and reinstall. It might work, you never know!

    --
    Richard Woollacott
    Please look at http://www.sri-lanka.org.uk

    wanadoo, Jul 23, 2005
  6. harrythebrod

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > You could try "right clicking" on the Wordpro icon, tabbing to
    > "compatablility" where you will find a "compatibility" menu, using this
    > you can elect to run in Windows 98 mode.
    >
    > It dosen't work for everything, and I have had no experience with Lotus
    > in Win XP, but give it a go and see what happens.
    >
    > If not, why not try Star office, a cheaper alternative to MS products,
    > which you can evalute here:
    > http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/get/index.xml#eval

    Lotus software (including WordPro) *IS* a low cost alternative to MS
    products.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2005
  7. harrythebrod

    Roger K Guest

    >> "harrythebrod" <> wrote in message
    >>> Please help
    >>> I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
    >>> some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
    >>> far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
    >>> ideas?
    >>> Many thanks in anticipation.

    I find WordPro, Approach and 1-2-3 run OK in XP providing I do NOT try using
    compatibility mode and that I install into C:\Lotus.
    Compat mode makes them crash on my system.
    Roger

    Roger K, Jul 23, 2005
  8. harrythebrod

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Roger K" <> wrote in message
    >>> "harrythebrod" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    > I find WordPro, Approach and 1-2-3 run OK in XP providing I do NOT try
    > using
    > compatibility mode and that I install into C:\Lotus.
    > Compat mode makes them crash on my system.
    > Roger

    Nice to know - I seldom suggest compatibility mode either. And while I don't
    use Approach, I bet any problems with it would be rather minor. But the
    latest version 9.8 is inexpensive (about $35 if someone shops around), and
    should have fixed any Approach issues.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2005
  9. harrythebrod

    harrythebrod Guest

    Re: Lotus Wordpro 97

    Many thanks to everyone for the many helpful replies, however I want to
    apologise for not being more explicit, in fact everything seems to work
    perfectly until I try to save a document and it's on 'save' or 'save as' all
    document files are greyed out.
    Thanks again

    harrythebrod, Jul 23, 2005
  10. harrythebrod

    harrythebrod Guest

    Thanks wanadoo, thats cracked it! I did as you suggested, I've uninstalled
    and re-installed,
    Thanks very much

    harrythebrod, Jul 24, 2005
  11. harrythebrod

    > Thanks wanadoo, thats cracked it! I did as you suggested, I've uninstalled
    > and re-installed,
    > Thanks very much

    Great program, isn't it? I've been using it since Ami Pro version 2 (before
    Lotus bought it.)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 24, 2005