    My thanks for any help.
    With kind regards,

    Basil Grose
    Basil Grose, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Basil Grose

    itswork Guest

    Lotus Notes is generally used in a corporate environment. It is an
    email/calendar/tasks/address book client similar to Outlook. But it also is
    used for database creation and access, again mostly in a corporate
    environment. I don't recall ever seeing it used on a personal PC.

    itswork

    In article <>,
    says...

    >I am trying to find out in a general way what Lotus Notes are for. The net is
    >not very helpful. No-one answered when I put this query on the solitary
    >newsgroup I could find. In fact my enquiry seems to have ended all activity

    on

    itswork, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Basil Grose wrote:

    > I am trying to find out in a general way what Lotus Notes are for. The
    > net is not very helpful. No-one answered when I put this query on the

    The net is extremely helpful. The *very first* Google hit on phrase
    "what is lotus notes" says (without even needing to follow that link out
    of Google) says that Lotus notes is:

    "...a Lotus Development Corporation software package that provides
    electronic mail, database design, storage, and processing capabilities."

    The *second* link says it is:

    "A groupware application developed by Lotus, now part of IBM. Notes was
    one of the first applications to support a distributed database of
    documents that could be accessed by users across a LAN or WAN. Its
    sophisticated replication features enable users to work with local
    copies of documents and have their modifications propagated throughout
    an entire Notes network."

    And so on.

    Google is everyone's friend. Make it yours.

    http://google.com

    > solitary newsgroup I could find. In fact my enquiry seems to have
    > ended all activity on the group.

    There's been plenty of posting on comp.groupware.lotus-notes.misc since
    you asked your question on July 10th. (At least given that it's not a
    very high-volume group anyway.)

    There's been no more posting to the existing thread into which you
    posted your question.

    Perhaps if you'd made an original post with a Subject that had a bit
    more information about your question, others would have answered.
    Perhaps not, as the thread had already wound down, on what was being
    discussed prior to your post.

    As it stands, with you posting to a thread that had run its course and
    was just called "Notes" (which isn't a very good Subject in a group
    *devoted* to Notes) it's understandable that you got no assistance.
    Many people don't even read posts with generic titles ("Lotus notes"
    isn't generic in this nonspecialized group, but it was, there).
    Similarly, most people wouldn't bother with books titles "Book".

    You've received help, already here, about Notes; I thought I'd give you
    a hand with some ideas about having better success in on the web and in
    groups, instead.

    Best wishes.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    New Pieces of Shakespeare Manuscript Found Near Salt Lake City USA
    Sorry - penguins only: http://snipurl.com/scolius (at blinkynet)
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 22, 2004