    classic 1980 default at one time or another due to a dead battery,
    surge, etc?

    Still, a 12K executable for a spreadsheet app. is so cool.
    Plato, May 20, 2004

  2. Plato

    Robert Baer Guest

    Plato wrote:

    > I was just going through my utilities folder and found a copy of lotus
    > 123 I swiped
    > from somebodies pc about ten years ago. The 123.exe is 12K file date
    > January 5 1980
    >
    > The rest of the file dates are July 4th, 1986
    >
    > Is the 1980 date correct or is that a result of the pc bios going to the
    > classic 1980 default at one time or another due to a dead battery,
    > surge, etc?
    >
    > Still, a 12K executable for a spreadsheet app. is so cool.

    =*gack*= I dumpped my Lotus original floppy set a number of months
    ago, so i cannot look and see.
    The only program left that i have from those daze is a complete set of
    floppies, manuals and after-market book of - - - - WordStar 5.5 .
    If you or any one else is interested, let me know.
    Robert Baer, May 20, 2004

  3. Plato

    Sirius Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > I was just going through my utilities folder and found a copy of lotus
    > 123 I swiped
    > from somebodies pc about ten years ago. The 123.exe is 12K file date
    > January 5 1980
    >
    > The rest of the file dates are July 4th, 1986
    >
    > Is the 1980 date correct or is that a result of the pc bios going to the
    > classic 1980 default at one time or another due to a dead battery,
    > surge, etc?
    >
    > Still, a 12K executable for a spreadsheet app. is so cool.

    I've got 123 v1.1 on floppies. The date of the files is 4/9/92.

    There are 5 floppies but it looks like it is only the first 3 or first 3
    plus part of 4, that are needed to install it. The first 3 floppies
    total 3.81 Mb - seems small now but is huge compared to programs for my
    first computer - a Sinclair ZX81 with 16K of memory. 16K of memory could
    hold a program I wrote in Sinclair basic (which itself seemed huge),
    plus cash analysis figures for a farm for the whole year!!! Screen would
    go blank for a few minutes if you asked for a calculation.
    Sirius, May 22, 2004
  4. Plato

    Ardent Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 06:29:09 GMT, Robert Baer
    <> wrote:

    >> Still, a 12K executable for a spreadsheet app. is so cool.

    Not so cool. I have version 2.2 in which the 123.exe file is ~15k but
    it calls 123.cmp which is ~ 138k.

    For a DOS program that is quite big remembering that those days
    floppies were 360k and you had to use a different drive to store data.
    (These programs were designed to work with minimum 2 floppy systems,
    A: drive holding programs and B: the data).

    HTH

    --
    Sandy Archer