    Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    Is/will there be one ?

    Sparks

    sparks, Sep 25, 2003

  2. sparks

    Roy Guest

    "sparks" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    > minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    > Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    > Is/will there be one ?
    >
    > Sparks

    Have you been sleeping :)
    yes ... there will be an extended version in November

    Roy

    Roy, Sep 25, 2003

  3. sparks

    Kaydigi Guest

    "sparks" <> wrote in message
    > I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    > minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    > Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    > Is/will there be one ?
    >
    > Sparks

    There is a trailer for the extended version on the original Two Towers disc.

    Kaydigi, Sep 25, 2003
  4. sparks

    sparks Guest

    Thanks I checked several online sites and the made no mention
    of an extended version.
    I believe last year even DTV showed the std version in sept and
    had the extended version in nov

    thanks again for the info
    I will wait to buy

    sparks

    sparks, Sep 25, 2003
  5. "Roy" <> writes:

    > "sparks" <> wrote in message
    > > I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    > > minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    > > Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    > > Is/will there be one ?
    > >
    > > Sparks
    > >

    > Have you been sleeping :)
    > yes ... there will be an extended version in November
    >
    > Roy

    Noverber 18th to be exact.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Sep 25, 2003
  6. sparks

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:33:34 GMT, sparks <> typed:

    >I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    >minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    >Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    >Is/will there be one ?

    It is mentioned in regular version of TTT that there will be extended
    version this November. The 3rd and final movie, Return of the King hits
    theaters a month later.

    Anyone wanna bet there's a coupon for a free Return of the King movie?
    There was a ticket for free TTT movie in extended version of FotR.

    PS LOTR is the title of the entire series that is made up in 6 books.
    ----
    space for rent.

    Impmon, Sep 25, 2003
  7. sparks

    BubbCoop Guest

    <<PS LOTR is the title of the entire series that is made up in 6 books.>>

    7 actually, counting the appendices. there was a 7 volume paperback set not too
    long ago, but I believe it's OOP now.

    BubbCoop, Sep 25, 2003
  8. sparks

    Ken Cobb Guest

    On 25 Sep 2003 21:16:48 GMT, (BubbCoop) wrote:

    ><<PS LOTR is the title of the entire series that is made up in 6 books.>>
    >
    >7 actually, counting the appendices. there was a 7 volume paperback set not too
    >long ago, but I believe it's OOP now.

    I thought it was three books, but then I'm only counting the stuff
    published while he was alive.

    Ken

    Ken Cobb, Sep 25, 2003
  9. sparks

    Paul Guest

    > Thanks I checked several online sites and the made no mention
    > of an extended version.

    Guess you didn't check Amazon, huh? :)

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 26, 2003
  10. sparks

    Jay G Guest

    "Ken Cobb" <> wrote ...
    > On 25 Sep 2003 21:16:48 GMT, (BubbCoop) wrote:
    >
    > ><<PS LOTR is the title of the entire series that is made up in 6 books.>>
    > >
    > >7 actually, counting the appendices. there was a 7 volume paperback set

    not too
    > >long ago, but I believe it's OOP now.

    > I thought it was three books, but then I'm only counting the stuff
    > published while he was alive.

    It was originally published in three volumes. Each volume contained
    2 of the "books", with the third volume, Return of the King, containing
    the appendices as well. The word "book" is not used here to describe
    the dividing up of the novel into physically separate volumes, but to
    describe a main division of a larger printed or written work, as
    in a book of the Old Testament.

    The most common way the LOTR novel is published is either in
    a recreation of the original 3 volume division or as one complete
    volume.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Sep 26, 2003
  11. sparks

    Bratboy Guest

    "Roy" <> wrote in message

    > "sparks" <> wrote in message
    > > I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    > > minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    > > Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    > > Is/will there be one ?
    > >
    > > Sparks
    > >

    > Have you been sleeping :)
    > yes ... there will be an extended version in November
    >
    > Roy

    Must of fallen with Gandalf down in moria to not of known hehe!

    Bratboy, Sep 26, 2003
  12. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:33:34 GMT, sparks <> wrote:

    >I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    >minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    >Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    >Is/will there be one ?

    Of course. It will be out right about the time the th rid instalment
    comes out.

    Hitman of Las Vegas, Sep 26, 2003
  13. sparks

    Steve Hanson Guest

    sparks wrote in <>:

    >I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    >minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    >Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    >Is/will there be one ?

    God knows the thing is already an overextended mess in need of severe
    editing, but they'll still probably tack on another hour for the
    Tolkien nutcases.

    Steve Hanson, Sep 26, 2003
  14. In news:,
    sparks <> said in a panic:
    > I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    > minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    > Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    > Is/will there be one ?
    >
    > Sparks

    November 18th. You can find a 10 minute preview on disc 2
    of the 2 disc edition of "Two Towers."

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Sep 27, 2003
  15. sparks

    Bill Guest

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:52:57 GMT, Steve Hanson <>
    wrote:

    >sparks wrote in <>:
    >
    >>I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    >>minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    >>Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    >>Is/will there be one ?

    >God knows the thing is already an overextended mess in need of severe
    >editing, but they'll still probably tack on another hour for the
    >Tolkien nutcases.

    Yeah, it's just too bad we aren't all "Dukes of Hazard" fans, like
    you.

    - Bill

    Bill, Sep 27, 2003
  16. sparks

    SRT Guest

    "sparks" <> wrote in message
    > I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    > minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    > Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    > Is/will there be one ?
    >
    > Sparks

    Well sure, there will be an extended version and probably numerous versions
    of the extended version. There is money to be made, isn't there? Check out
    the numerous on-line DVD/video vender sites for the release date - sometime
    in November or December 2003 I believe.

    srt

    SRT, Sep 27, 2003
  17. sparks

    BubbCoop Guest

    <<I thought it was three books, but then I'm only counting the stuff
    published while he was alive.>>

    no, three VOLUMES, 6/7 books, one novel.

    BubbCoop, Sep 28, 2003
  18. sparks

    Larry Gold Guest

    Nov

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Sep 28, 2003
  19. sparks

    Steve Hanson Guest

    Bill wrote in <>:

    >On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:52:57 GMT, Steve Hanson <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>sparks wrote in <>:
    >>
    >>>I remember all the hype about the LOTR extended version last year 40
    >>>minutes of deleted scenes...they played it up for almost a year.
    >>>Two Towers I have not heard anything about extened version.
    >>>Is/will there be one ?

    >>God knows the thing is already an overextended mess in need of severe
    >>editing, but they'll still probably tack on another hour for the
    >>Tolkien nutcases.

    >Yeah, it's just too bad we aren't all "Dukes of Hazard" fans, like
    >you.

    This certainly ranks as one of the more non sequitur-ish would-be
    comebacks from the dungeons 'n' zits crowd. WTF? You either like
    reheated Tolkien drivel or you like Dukes of Fucking Hazard? What
    alternate reality do you live in where those are the only choices?
    Still and all a nice demonstration of the fragile wounded ego of
    Tolkien fans. Absolutely pathetic.

    Steve Hanson, Sep 30, 2003
  20. sparks

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Steve Hanson, says...
    > >Yeah, it's just too bad we aren't all "Dukes of Hazard" fans, like
    > >you.

    > This certainly ranks as one of the more non sequitur-ish would-be
    > comebacks from the dungeons 'n' zits crowd.

    I, on the other hand, got a good chuckle out of it precisely *because*
    it was such a non-sequitur. Perhaps your sense of humor needs a tune up.

    Mark Spatny, Oct 4, 2003