    too and have you gotten a response?

    Thanks,
    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Mischa van Dinter

    Rob Cannon Guest

    > I read a while ago that Alliance Atlantis was shipping DVDs of the EE
    > of The Two Towers with the infosheet glued onto the box. My set was in
    > the mail and when it arrived today, sure enough, mine was part of that
    > batch. And it's not a little glue either, the whole top is smeared
    > with it and there is a 2 cm strip of glue all along the backside.
    >
    > I am pretty unsatisfied with this to say the least so I emailed
    > Alliance Atlantis for a replacement box. Have any of you tried this
    > too and have you gotten a response?

    I had the same problem with the EE set I picked up from London Drugs.
    Alliance was very accommodating and sent a replacement case to me within 5
    days of my email.

    Rob
    Rob Cannon, Dec 6, 2003

  3. On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:01:04 GMT, "Rob Cannon" <> wrote:

    >> I read a while ago that Alliance Atlantis was shipping DVDs of the EE
    >> of The Two Towers with the infosheet glued onto the box. My set was in
    >> the mail and when it arrived today, sure enough, mine was part of that
    >> batch. And it's not a little glue either, the whole top is smeared
    >> with it and there is a 2 cm strip of glue all along the backside.
    >>
    >> I am pretty unsatisfied with this to say the least so I emailed
    >> Alliance Atlantis for a replacement box. Have any of you tried this
    >> too and have you gotten a response?

    >I had the same problem with the EE set I picked up from London Drugs.
    >Alliance was very accommodating and sent a replacement case to me within 5
    >days of my email.
    >
    >Rob

    I'm guessing London Drugs is not in London? Because Alliance emailed
    me back that they are only exchanging cases for canadian residents.
    For an email that started with "Hi Mischa" instead of "Dear mr. van
    Dinter" I was expecting better news. But, looks like I am screwed.

    I mailed them back explaining a little about what is wrong with their
    service, but I'll probably never hear from them again. I also will
    never buy an Alliance DVD anymore, of course. Plenty of other
    distributors from other countries to choose from.

    Are there any Canadians here willing to request a replacement on my
    behalf? I will of course pay for the shipping and all other expenses
    made.

    Grtz
    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 8, 2003
  4. On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:42:29 +0000 (UTC),
    (Bite Me) wrote:

    >If you're very, *very*, *VERY* careful you can steam it off. Just do a
    >little bit at a time. And start with a section that you won't really
    >notice (sort of like testing fabric for bleach). Don't let the case get too
    >hot or wet. I did mine a little too fast so the case shows a bit of fading
    >but it still looks far nicer than the glue strips.

    Thanks for the tip, I'll try that if I can't exchange the box at the
    retailer. I figured if the manufacturer won't replace my box because I
    am not a canadian, at least I have their admission that the product is
    faulty. So I'll try to exchange it with DVDSoon.

    grtz
    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 10, 2003