    http://tinyurl.com/2fv8k

    What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?

    LVIII
    Lord Vader III, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Lord Vader III

    fredman Guest

    On 16 Feb 2004 23:19:08 -0600, Lord Vader III
    <> wrote:

    >Announced at Toy Fair:
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/2fv8k
    >
    >What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?

    Probably put them all together in a complete set: September's
    projected release will/should be the standalone Extended Edition of
    ROTK. I would guess the next step is to combine sets of
    fullscreen/widescreen theatrical, and widescreen Extendeds in complete
    Lord of the Ring sets. Cheers.
    regards,

    =====================

    =====================
    fredman, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Lord Vader III

    fat rat Guest

    "fredman" <> wrote in message
    > On 16 Feb 2004 23:19:08 -0600, Lord Vader III
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Announced at Toy Fair:
    > >
    > >http://tinyurl.com/2fv8k
    > >
    > >What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?

    > Probably put them all together in a complete set: September's
    > projected release will/should be the standalone Extended Edition of
    > ROTK. I would guess the next step is to combine sets of
    > fullscreen/widescreen theatrical, and widescreen Extendeds in complete
    > Lord of the Ring sets. Cheers.
    > regards,
    >

    > =====================
    >
    > =====================

    How about a directors cut?
    fat rat, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Lord Vader III

    Del March Guest

    << What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?
    >><BR><BR>

    I recall some speculation that the Gollum shots in FOTR were going to be
    updated, since his design changed between FOTR and TTT. Is there any more talk
    of that?
    Del March, Feb 17, 2004
  5. "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > << What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?
    > >><BR><BR>

    > I recall some speculation that the Gollum shots in FOTR were going to be
    > updated, since his design changed between FOTR and TTT. Is there any more

    talk
    > of that?

    Jackson has stated on more than one occasion that the extended versions are
    Directors cuts and that there won't be other versions besides what has
    already been released.
    ominousspiritous, Feb 17, 2004
  6. >Jackson has stated on more than one occasion that the extended versions
    >areDirectors cuts and that there won't be other versions besides what
    >hasalready been released.

    Incorrect. If you listen to Jackson's LOTR commentaries more carefully, you'll
    hear him claim the shorter theatrical versions represent his so-called
    "director's cuts" and the longer expanded editions are, as he sort of puts it,
    for fans who want to view a more deeply immersive adaptation of the story.
    Further, just after Jackson mentions the unfeasbility of an actual sequel to
    LOTR, he admits it could be possible to go back into the existing expanded
    trilogy and do more expanding -- there's plenty of material from the book not
    yet represented in the films.
    Stroke of Eight, Feb 17, 2004
  7. Lord Vader III

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <8wqYb.206062$U%5.1133217@attbi_s03>, ominousspiritous
    <o123misssn456ous789spfdwweirit9887ofewfusYOURsaaafsewqfCLaffadfOTHES@at
    654tbiYOURCLOTHEaaaaaaaaaSfds.c321om> wrote:

    > "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > > << What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?

    > > I recall some speculation that the Gollum shots in FOTR were going to be
    > > updated, since his design changed between FOTR and TTT. Is there any more

    > talk
    > > of that?

    > Jackson has stated on more than one occasion that the extended versions are
    > Directors cuts and that there won't be other versions besides what has
    > already been released.

    Well, I can see the films divided up into 2 hour chunks for tv
    broadcast, re-editing slightly so it all flows together as one
    mini-series.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Feb 17, 2004
  8. Lord Vader III

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Stroke of
    Eight <> wrote:

    > >Jackson has stated on more than one occasion that the extended versions
    > >areDirectors cuts and that there won't be other versions besides what
    > >hasalready been released.

    > Incorrect. If you listen to Jackson's LOTR commentaries more carefully, you'll
    > hear him claim the shorter theatrical versions represent his so-called
    > "director's cuts" and the longer expanded editions are, as he sort of puts it,
    > for fans who want to view a more deeply immersive adaptation of the story.
    > Further, just after Jackson mentions the unfeasbility of an actual sequel to
    > LOTR, he admits it could be possible to go back into the existing expanded
    > trilogy and do more expanding -- there's plenty of material from the book not
    > yet represented in the films.

    He commented on the TT commentary that he could keep calling the cast
    back for more pickup shots and releasing a new version every year. At
    which point the writer and producer yelled, "No! Somebody stop him
    before he kills us! New Line has enough money!!!"

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Feb 17, 2004
  9. Lord Vader III

    zoltan47 Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:34:28 GMT, "ominousspiritous"
    <321om>
    wrote:

    >"Del March" <> wrote in message
    >> << What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?

    >> I recall some speculation that the Gollum shots in FOTR were going to be
    >> updated, since his design changed between FOTR and TTT. Is there any more

    >talk
    >> of that?

    >Jackson has stated on more than one occasion that the extended versions are
    >Directors cuts and that there won't be other versions besides what has
    >already been released.

    Actually, he's stated that the theatrical versions are the director's
    cut. That's why the EE versions aren't labeled as director's cuts. To
    do otherwise would imply that there was footage he wanted in the
    theatrical that he couldn't get in.
    zoltan47, Feb 17, 2004
  10. Lord Vader III

    G. M. Watson Guest

    ----------
    In article <>, Lord Vader III
    <> wrote:

    > Announced at Toy Fair:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2fv8k
    >
    > What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?

    Keep on milking it like the bloated cow it is.
    G. M. Watson, Feb 17, 2004
  11. Lord Vader III

    G. M. Watson Guest

    ----------
    In article <>,
    (Stroke of Eight) wrote:

    >>Jackson has stated on more than one occasion that the extended versions
    >>areDirectors cuts and that there won't be other versions besides what
    >>hasalready been released.

    > Incorrect. If you listen to Jackson's LOTR commentaries more carefully, you'll
    > hear him claim the shorter theatrical versions represent his so-called
    > "director's cuts" and the longer expanded editions are, as he sort of puts it,
    > for fans who want to view a more deeply immersive adaptation of the story.
    > Further, just after Jackson mentions the unfeasbility of an actual sequel to
    > LOTR, he admits it could be possible to go back into the existing expanded
    > trilogy and do more expanding -- there's plenty of material from the book not
    > yet represented in the films.

    Well, hey, maybe if they'd dumped some of the tons of material in the films
    that *wasn't* in the book, they might have had room for it.
    G. M. Watson, Feb 17, 2004
  12. Lord Vader III

    Justin Guest

    G. M. Watson wrote on [Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:51:25 -0800]:

    > ----------
    > In article <>,
    > (Stroke of Eight) wrote:
    >

    >>>Jackson has stated on more than one occasion that the extended versions
    >>>areDirectors cuts and that there won't be other versions besides what
    >>>hasalready been released.

    >> Incorrect. If you listen to Jackson's LOTR commentaries more carefully, you'll
    >> hear him claim the shorter theatrical versions represent his so-called
    >> "director's cuts" and the longer expanded editions are, as he sort of puts it,
    >> for fans who want to view a more deeply immersive adaptation of the story.
    >> Further, just after Jackson mentions the unfeasbility of an actual sequel to
    >> LOTR, he admits it could be possible to go back into the existing expanded
    >> trilogy and do more expanding -- there's plenty of material from the book not
    >> yet represented in the films.
    >>

    > Well, hey, maybe if they'd dumped some of the tons of material in the films
    > that *wasn't* in the book, they might have had room for it.

    Yeah. That's a good point. I mean, there's a 2 and a half minute
    fricking slumber party in it for christ sakes
    Justin, Feb 17, 2004
  13. Lord Vader III

    Mark W Guest

    "fredman" <> wrote in message
    > On 16 Feb 2004 23:19:08 -0600, Lord Vader III
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Announced at Toy Fair:
    > >
    > >http://tinyurl.com/2fv8k
    > >
    > >What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?

    Let G.Lucas have a try at making the films that he knows Peter Jackson
    really wanted to make.
    Mark W, Feb 17, 2004
  14. Lord Vader III

    Jordan Lund Guest

    fredman <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Probably put them all together in a complete set: September's
    > projected release will/should be the standalone Extended Edition of
    > ROTK. I would guess the next step is to combine sets of
    > fullscreen/widescreen theatrical, and widescreen Extendeds in complete
    > Lord of the Ring sets. Cheers.
    > regards,

    It would be interesting if he cut all three flicks together as one
    coherent whole. Probably would need to trim out some of the repeated
    scenes (orcs tearing up trees for example), but it could be done.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Feb 17, 2004
  15. Lord Vader III

    Jordan Lund Guest

    ITEME (Del March) wrote in message news:<>...
    > << What more can they possibly do after the 4 disc sets for each movie?
    > >><BR><BR>

    > I recall some speculation that the Gollum shots in FOTR were going to be
    > updated, since his design changed between FOTR and TTT. Is there any more talk
    > of that?

    On one of the extended sets they talked about it, then killed the idea
    based on "where does it end?" I mean they could go through and re-do
    the effects for all three flicks at this point, but they could
    continue doing that every few years for decades.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Feb 17, 2004
  16. Lord Vader III

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Jordan Lund, says...
    > On one of the extended sets they talked about it, then killed the idea
    > based on "where does it end?" I mean they could go through and re-do
    > the effects for all three flicks at this point, but they could
    > continue doing that every few years for decades.

    Funny you should mention that. Did you know that Weta is still working
    on some 300 effects shots that didn't get into the released version of
    Return of the King, but are being finished anyway for the extended
    version of the DVD.

    That means that the DVD will have almost as many NEW "extra" effects
    shots as Fellowship had in the whole movie. Pretty wild.
    Mark Spatny, Feb 18, 2004
  17. Lord Vader III

    GMAN Guest

    In article <2go.com>, Justin <> wrote:
    >G. M. Watson wrote on [Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:51:25 -0800]:
    >>

    >> ----------

    >>> Incorrect. If you listen to Jackson's LOTR commentaries more carefully,

    > you'll
    >>> hear him claim the shorter theatrical versions represent his so-called
    >>> "director's cuts" and the longer expanded editions are, as he sort of puts

    > it,
    >>> for fans who want to view a more deeply immersive adaptation of the story.
    >>> Further, just after Jackson mentions the unfeasbility of an actual sequel to
    >>> LOTR, he admits it could be possible to go back into the existing expanded
    >>> trilogy and do more expanding -- there's plenty of material from the book

    > not
    >>> yet represented in the films.
    >>>

    >> Well, hey, maybe if they'd dumped some of the tons of material in the films
    >> that *wasn't* in the book, they might have had room for it.

    >Yeah. That's a good point. I mean, there's a 2 and a half minute
    >fricking slumber party in it for christ sakes

    wasnt they at band camp?
    GMAN, Feb 18, 2004