    'Bram Stoker's Dracula' or
    'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein'

    Imagine 'JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'

    Mark W, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Mark W

    JR Guest

    I would say that there would be no discrepancy about whose LOTR it was so
    there was no need for it

    I would think that Baz used WS's name becaue whe wanted to show that they
    used the classic dialogue, FFC used BS's name inorder to seperate it from
    the other Dracula's, like the version of The Puppet Master's with Heinlein's
    name in front of it, just to distinguish it.

    Branagh used Mary Shelly's name, i would say as well just to seperate his
    story from the rest, and show he was trying to keep it similar to the
    original text, or somewhat close anyways

    just my thoughts

    "Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
    > I am so glad that LOTR was not made during the period when movies had to

    be

    JR, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Mark W

    Aphelion Guest

    > Imagine 'JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'

    The onscreen title for the Ralph Bakshi flick is exactly that.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Mark W

    Jeeters Guest

    "Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
    > I am so glad that LOTR was not made during the period when movies had to

    be
    > called
    > 'William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet' or
    > 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' or
    > 'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein'
    >
    > Imagine 'JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'

    The idea of using the authors' names is to express the fact that the movies
    are trying to adhere closely to the original text and/or plot of the story
    and are not just 'themed' a la some 1960's B-movie christopher lee version.

    Jeeters, Dec 20, 2003