Lost

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Annie, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Hi
    I am totally new to the Microsoft world. I have been a
    hard core J2EE software programmer for the past 2 years.
    Looking at the industry I need to learn about the in
    thing .Net & grab a job on the basis of those skills. So
    someone please help me on the following
    1.Which certification should I go for. I am planning on
    MCSD .Net. But that might take a while, so
    2.Can I sit for the Exam70-315 only & become an MCP , &
    3.Will just a single exam help me get a good job or is it
    that the whole MCSD.Net certification track would be
    better.

    I know some of the info I am asking for would be on the
    site, still your opinion would help me as you can see I am
    a lost soul in the microsoft world.

    Thanx in advance
    Annie

    Annie, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Annie

    Ray Higdon Guest

    If you are a Java guy, I would start hitting C# hard as it is similar and is
    in high demand right now. If you truly are a hardcore developer, knowing
    Java and C# will put you in high demand in a lot of places. MCP won't get
    you too many looks on its own, go for MCAD or MCSD to add to your
    credentials.

    GL

    --
    Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA