    clues?

    Many thanks

    ==============
    numberonepipboy, Jul 15, 2004

  2. numberonepipboy

    HillTop Guest

    let it install the driver it wants.. then go into the System/Device manager
    ...select the device it installed.. and select "Update Driver" and change to
    the correct one.. that might work. It fixed a similar problem I had when
    a PC kept thinking a video input card was the wrong one and kept installing
    the wrong drivers.

    "numberonepipboy" <-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:40f630ec$...
    > usb memory flash pen was working fine until the system crashed when
    > using the pen.
    >
    > Now when plugged in windows 2000 identifies it as a security device
    > and looks for software for this instead of locating correct driver by
    > plug & play. The same happens on any pc that I try it on. Any
    > clues?
    >
    > Many thanks

    troubleshooting newsgroups.
    HillTop, Jul 15, 2004