lost wireless signal on Toshiba laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Leonardo Lazaric, Feb 2, 2008.

  1. I can see all the wireless connections around me but mine. I have a Toshiba
    satellite M30. My MACBOOK still see the connection without any problem. I've
    been working with WindowsXP (SP2) for about a month with no problems at all.
    I've no antivirus running and my only firewall was windows' firewall.
    I've already updated the OS through WindowsUpdate two days ago.
    Has anyone ever heard of a similar problem or can suggest any solution/check?
    I really don't know what to do,
    thank you all,

    Leonardo

    Here's the history, it might be useful to understand the situation:
    One day I put on stand-by the pc. When I turned it back on, my connection
    was not in the list anymore. I restarted my Dlink DSL-G604T and the
    connection was back. At the next restart of the PC, wireless signal lost
    again. Ntestumbler does not see my router as well. I restarted the
    AccessPoint of the router. Signal back. Restarted the PC and signal was lost
    again. REinstalled the wireless connection through windowsXP (SP2) wizard.
    Connection back on work. Restarted the PC and there I am again. Uninstalled
    the "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG" card, restarted the pc, reinstalled it,
    updated it, restarted the PC but this time, the connection didn't get back.
    Uninstalled the AEGIS protocol and the signal got back and went away again
    after the I restarted the PC.
    I then went back to the oldest saved windows configuration point when all
    was working fine. And guess what? The connection is still missing.

    Leonardo Lazaric, Feb 2, 2008

  2. Hi
    May be this would help you to find what is wrong with the Computer's
    Wireless configuration.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Leonardo Lazaric" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 3, 2008

  3. Thanks Jack,
    I waited a few days before answering your post and now I can tell you that
    your links were useful and, in the end, effective!

    I basically followed all the steps needed to have the wireless connection
    working. But once I got to the end of it, my connection didn't wake up.
    So, I started wandering in the configuration pages of the modem without
    actually changing anything but pressing the magical "restart AP".
    And it worked! I still haven't understood why/how it came back to life.
    Maybe it's just a sum of little things in a row in the right order. I just
    hope I'll never have to face this problem again!

    Thanks again, also because you're the only one that has answered my question
    so far.

    Leonardo

    Leonardo Lazaric, Feb 6, 2008