    to setup the router again and how can i stop this from happening again?
    --
    lachygirl

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VzYW4=?=, Sep 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3VzYW4=?=

    Joan Archer Guest

    I don't know for sure but I would imagine that you will have to set up the
    router again, if you switched it off at the mains I would think it reset
    itself to factory settings and needs you to put back in your info in order
    for it to reconnect to your ISP.
    Joan

    Joan Archer, Sep 7, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c3VzYW4=?=

    Malke Guest

    susan wrote:

    > I had wireless working for about a week then switched router off at
    > mains , when i then tried to use my laptop again i cannot connect to
    > internet (cannot find server). Everything is fine with the netgear on
    > my laptop except that it states limited or no connectivity (the signal
    > strength is fine). Will i need to setup the router again and how can i
    > stop this from happening again?

    How long was the router off? Just unplugging it for a little while will
    not cause any problems and you would not need to set it up again.

    1. Shut down your laptop.
    2. Unplug the cable/dsl modem.
    3. Unplug the router.
    4. Wait 30-60 seconds.
    5. Plug in the cable/dsl modem again. Wait a few seconds until all its
    lights are on.
    6. Plug in the router. All its lights should be on except the lan.
    7. Turn on your computer.

    This is called "power cycling" the modem and the router. You should now
    have Internet connectivity. If you don't post back but *first* call
    your ISP to make sure there are no outages in your area.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Sep 7, 2006
  4. I switched it off for a couple of days. My main computer is fine as i am
    writing this now , however after playing about with it i notice my laptop IP
    address doesn't match the main computer nor does the mac address. It is a
    netgear router and it done all the ip/mac address automatically at first
    through telewest. I am stuck on how to configure the laptop addresses to
    router(which i presume is the problem). Tried doing all of Malke suggestions
    too
    --
    lachygirl

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VzYW4=?=, Sep 7, 2006