Lost Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RXZvbHV0aW9uIE9uZQ==?=, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. My wireless conection was working perfectly for weeks after getting the
    equipment. Then for what seemed like no reason the connection just died.

    I have tried everything that I can think of but I am having no luck
    connecting to it again. I can connect via the hub using both USB and Net
    cables but get nothing for wireless.

    I've reinstalled everything (including Windows) several times without luck.

    Every few days or so the wireless connection will say that it is "acquiring
    network address" for about 10/15 minutes before it connects wirelessly!! This
    is without my trying to connect wirelessly. When ever I select "repair
    connection" in the system tray it tells me that it's not possible as it
    hasn't been able to "disable the wireless network adapter".

    It's not happening due to a poor signal as it still won't do it even when
    the hub is right next to the PCI card and I am able to connect other devices
    wirelessly to the hub without any effort.

    Does anybody have any suggestions of what could be wrong? Please remember
    that I am new to this so try and keep it fairly simple for me :).

    This is what I am using, all software, drivers etc are up to date:
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    BT Voyager 1040 PCI Adapter
    2Wire BT 1800HG Hub

    I'd be grateful for any assistance at all with this.

    =?Utf-8?B?RXZvbHV0aW9uIE9uZQ==?=, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Hi .........I also have the same isssue...!! It was all fine till the first 2
    days but now when I connect to the Router, it simply waits for the router to
    connect wirelessly to the notebook but no luck ...!! It doesnt just
    connect...!! I have BT VOyager 2500V wireless router though ..!

    Any help from any MVP will be highly appreciated..!!

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbmthcg==?=, Apr 6, 2006