    I did register it online and everything.
    Regards,
    Sundas Hurain
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGFzIEh1cmFpbg==?=, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin], Sep 7, 2006

  3. Sundas Hurain wrote:
    > My pc was jus formatted due to a hard drive failure. And now I cant locate my
    > windows setup cd or the cd key. Is there any way to acquire my cd key again?
    > I did register it online and everything.
    > Regards,
    > Sundas Hurain

    The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
    installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a brightly colored
    sticker that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
    installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
    affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.
    The Product Key is not stored on the installation CD in any way, shape,
    or form.

    To recover a lost Product Key:

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
    manufacturer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of
    the Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy a
    new license.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: