    key. Therefore i am kinda stuck with a computer that i cannot use for my
    post grad course that i am about to start.
    Any help would be much appreciated

    tracey.copeland, Sep 7, 2004

  2. tracey.copeland

    °Mike° Guest

    Open Office (free)
    http://www.openoffice.org/

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:37:39 +0000 (UTC), in
    <chkrl3$b33$>
    tracey.copeland scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 7, 2004

  3. tracey.copeland

    Hamman Guest

    "tracey.copeland" <> wrote in message
    > Well i was advised by a friend to re install win xp due to some sort of
    > problem that he could not fix. Do not ask what the problem was as he made
    > little sense to me.
    > However all is well except for word as it no longer recognises the product
    > key. Therefore i am kinda stuck with a computer that i cannot use for my
    > post grad course that i am about to start.
    > Any help would be much appreciated

    buy a new copy?

    your uni should have a cheap rate for purchasing microsoft products. Derby,
    for example allow you do download the CD images for free if you are on one
    of thier courses.

    hamman

    Hamman, Sep 7, 2004
  4. tracey.copeland

    Robin Hood Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Open Office (free)
    > http://www.openoffice.org/

    Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that rubbish.

    Robin Hood, Sep 7, 2004
  5. tracey.copeland

    DC Guest

    Robin Hood wrote:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Open Office (free)
    >> http://www.openoffice.org/

    > Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that rubbish.

    Care to back that up, troll?

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

    DC, Sep 7, 2004
  6. tracey.copeland

    SgtMinor Guest

    A friend, who made little sense, told me to send you this link:

    "How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;823570

    --
    "Don't ask me why I do this stuff..."

    SgtMinor, Sep 8, 2004
  7. tracey.copeland

    Robin Hood Guest

    "DC" <> wrote in message
    > Robin Hood wrote:
    >
    >> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >>> Open Office (free)
    >>> http://www.openoffice.org/

    >> Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
    >> rubbish.

    > Care to back that up, troll?

    If you ask politely rather than calling me a troll I might bother to go into
    detail.

    Robin Hood, Sep 8, 2004
  8. tracey.copeland

    nUt Guest

    "Robin Hood" <> wrote in message

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    > > Robin Hood wrote:
    > >
    > >> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > >> Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
    > >> rubbish.

    > > Care to back that up, troll?
    > >

    > If you ask politely rather than calling me a troll I might bother to go

    into
    > detail.

    Please do.

    nUt, Sep 8, 2004
  9. tracey.copeland

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:17:41 +0100, in
    <413e0953$0$20254$>
    Robin Hood scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Open Office (free)
    >> http://www.openoffice.org/
    >>

    >Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
    >rubbish.

    Like no-one in their right mind would listen to a troll.

    PPOSTFU.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 8, 2004
  10. tracey.copeland

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 05:35:21 +0100, in
    <413e8c06$0$20248$>
    Robin Hood scrawled:

    >"DC" <> wrote in message
    >> Robin Hood wrote:
    >>
    >>> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >>> Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
    >>> rubbish.

    >> Care to back that up, troll?
    >>

    >If you ask politely rather than calling me a troll I might bother to go into
    >detail.

    Sure you might.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance