    "The procedure entry point RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be
    located in the dynamic link library WINSTA .dll."

    ---
    tomm, Jan 31, 2004

  2. tomm

    Harrison Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:25:26 -0000, "tomm" <> wrote:

    >A friend gave me his pc. XP wouldn`t load so I re-installed XP over the
    >original installation. Everything seems fine at first glance apart from when
    >I try to open system restore.
    > I get the error message:
    >"The procedure entry point RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be
    >located in the dynamic link library WINSTA .dll."
    >

    >---

    Copied from another forum:
    This issue can occur if there are corrupted restore points or some
    related system files are missing.

    Part I. Disable and then re-enable the System Restore feature:
    1. Click the Start menu -> Run. Type "sysdm.cpl" (Without quotation
    marks) in the Open field. Click OK.
    2. Click the "System Restore" tab.
    3. Click to check the "Turn off System Restore on all drives" box, and
    click OK.
    4. Restart the computer.
    5. Click the Start menu -> Run. Type "sysdm.cpl" (Without quotation
    marks) in the Open field. Click OK.
    6. On the "System Restore" tab, remove the check mark from the "Turn
    off System Restore on all drives" box, and click OK.
    7. Restart the computer again.
    8. Check whether you can use the System Restore function.

    Part II. If this issue persists, please perform the following steps to
    repair the System Restore feature:
    1. In My Computer, click the Tools menu -> Folder Options.
    2. On the View tab, make sure to check the option "Hide extensions for
    known file types".
    3. Click OK.
    4. Click the Start menu -> Run. Type "%windir%\inf" (Without quotation
    marks) in the Open field. Click OK.
    5. Locate and select the file "sr.inf". Right-click it and then click
    Install.
    Harrison, Jan 31, 2004

  3. tomm

    °Mike° Guest

    Windows XP SP1a issues 'Rundll32.exe Entry point not found'
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBP/tip7600/rh7626.htm

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:25:26 -0000, in
    <401c2b50$0$13348$>
    tomm scrawled: