    screwed up and the photos will be there when I get home and use a card
    reader? or are the photos somehow deleted but still recoverable if I
    don't overwrite them, so I should stop using this card? thanks
    Tippi, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Tippi

    gerrit Guest

    "Tippi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am currently in Costa Rica. About 30 photos have disappeared from the
    > SD card in my FZ7, in their place are two black photos with the date
    > 0.0.0 when viewed in the camera. Could it be just an index that has
    > screwed up and the photos will be there when I get home and use a card
    > reader? or are the photos somehow deleted but still recoverable if I
    > don't overwrite them, so I should stop using this card? thanks

    Stop using the SD card immediately if not sooner.
    Use a recovery program when reading the card in a card reader and IF you are
    lucky you will find the missing photos.
    I did it recently for a cousin and downloaded a freebie recovery program
    from the net. It found and recovered about 60 photos. She then took the card
    to a professional photography shop and they recovered about 100 photos. So
    even if you recover a few, then still take the card to someone with
    technical expertise. (real expertise I am talking about - not the 20 year
    old at the local electrical reseller who know absolutely nothing)

    I hope you have success.

    Gerrit - Oz
    gerrit, Jan 6, 2007

  3. Tippi wrote:
    > I am currently in Costa Rica. About 30 photos have disappeared from
    > the SD card in my FZ7, in their place are two black photos with the
    > date
    > 0.0.0 when viewed in the camera. Could it be just an index that has
    > screwed up and the photos will be there when I get home and use a card
    > reader? or are the photos somehow deleted but still recoverable if I
    > don't overwrite them, so I should stop using this card? thanks

    I don't know, but I would suggest not using that card again to maximise
    the chances of recovering the images later. I think you already knew
    that, though!

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 6, 2007
  4. Tippi

    Tippi Guest

    Thanks, does it mean there is something wrong with the card? it was not
    a brand name.
    Tippi, Jan 6, 2007
  5. Tippi wrote:
    > Thanks, does it mean there is something wrong with the card? it was
    > not a brand name.

    I don't know. I believe that many of the problems like this result from
    running the battery down to its lowest voltage limit (and beyond!). If it
    happens again, and not on other cards, get it replaced. They're so cheap
    now perhaps do that in any case.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 6, 2007