    How can I restore them both to be included in the Accessories/
    System Tools folder?

    Jack
    Jack, Sep 17, 2008

  2. Jack

    Carlos Guest

    RE: Lost Restore and Snipping Tool in Accessories/System Tools folder

    Jack,
    Try recreating the shortcuts manually, for example, in your desktop.

    Snipping tool:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\SnippingTool.exe

    System restore:
    %systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe

    Start, Programs, right click on Accessories, choose "Open all users"
    Cut and paste your Snipping tool shorcut there.
    Now open the "System Tools" folder and cut and paste your System Restore
    shortcut there.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 17, 2008

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Re: Lost Restore and Snipping Tool in Accessories/System Tools folder

    Carlos,

    Bless you!!! May you win the Lottery and not hear
    "I've got a headache" for the next six months..

    Seriously, I tried looking for the .exe files but for
    some reason missed them completely..

    Thank you for the help.. It worked great.

    Jack

    Jack, Sep 18, 2008