Lost Publisher Files.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by xoom7, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. xoom7

    xoom7 Guest

    I have a friend who created a number of important files on a time limited
    version of Publisher 97 with Windows 98 as the OS.

    The 90 day trial expired and she can no longer access the files. When going
    to purchase publisher from the Microsoft website she is unable to do so
    since the latest version of publisher does not run in win 98 environment.
    There is insufficient space on the HD to upgrade to XP.

    Can anyone give some advise as to the easiest way to retrieve this important
    files. I was considering either of the following:

    1 Try and source a copy of Publisher 97 and install it on the existing
    machine.

    2 Could I locate the specific files within the time expired copy of
    publisher 97 and copy them on to another PC with a full copy of publisher 97
    or newer.

    3 Try and find a crack to unlock the time expired copy of publisher 97.

    Any input would be appreciated.

    Regards,

    Doug.
    xoom7, Dec 23, 2003

  2. xoom7

    Mara Guest

    http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/publisher/f/share_pubfiles.htm

    --
    You don't change the way people think by changing what they say.
    You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES FLY-
    Mara, Dec 23, 2003