    P.S. Another problem I have is that IE's View Source isn't working lately as
    well. It appears on the right-click menu when clicked on a webpage, but
    nothing happens when I select it.

    dan glenn, Apr 16, 2004

  2. dan glenn

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:59:14 GMT, "dan glenn" <> wrote:

    >When you right-click on a picture in IE on a webpage you get options to
    >"Saved Picture As...", which I've used for years. Now I find that it will
    >always try to save the picture as a BMP. Regardless what the picture
    >actually is (almost always a JPG or GIF). This is really irritating. I can
    >always bring up Mozilla or Netscape and save it just as it is, but I use IE
    >as my regular browser so this is inconvenient.
    >
    >Does anyone know why it is doing this, and maybe how to set it right?
    >
    >-dg
    >P.S. Another problem I have is that IE's View Source isn't working lately as
    >well. It appears on the right-click menu when clicked on a webpage, but
    >nothing happens when I select it.

    From IE, Click Tools, Internet Options or Start, Settings,
    Control Panel, Internet Options, under Tempory Internet Files,
    click "Delete Files", check "delete all offline content", click "OK", "OK"
    Shutdown IE, and restart it.

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with
    Correct Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747

    Unk, Apr 16, 2004

  3. dan glenn

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop10.htm#11

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 16, 2004
  4. dan glenn

    dan glenn Guest

    you da MAN, unk! That worked fine, for both problems.

    dan glenn, Apr 16, 2004
  5. dan glenn

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.