    mozilla around and its back to IE sadly.If I lost a years worth of work in
    it then I must bury it. I tried a system restore too. THeres gotta be a way.

    r0nbo

    r0nbo, Dec 14, 2005

  2. r0nbo

    gwtc Guest

    r0nbo wrote:

    > Firefox kept coming up with some profile box when clicking a url in email. I
    > finally told it to delete the default profile. Well I NEED IT BACK. All
    > bookmarks disappeared and I have never found where Mozilla stores them
    > anyway. I need my profile back. If its gone then theres no need to keep
    > mozilla around and its back to IE sadly.If I lost a years worth of work in
    > it then I must bury it. I tried a system restore too. THeres gotta be a way.
    >
    > r0nbo

    If you've told it to delete the default profile, them I'm sorry, its
    gone forever. And it wouldn't be FF's fault either. Its only doing
    what YOU told it to do.

    But, lets take a look just incase you didn't. First, close FF then
    click on Start, Run and enter exactly:

    firefox.exe -p

    This will bring up the Firefox Profile Manager. How many profiles do
    you see? If you see any, click on them one at a time and see what
    happens. Is your profile there?

    If not, then close FF, and using your file manager, look for your
    profile. You can find your profile by reading this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips

    But, first, if you're using windows, then your profile is hidden, and
    you have to unhide window files by reading this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    gwtc, Dec 14, 2005