    same thing happens. Any advise?

    Thanks,

    Norm

    norward, Nov 14, 2004

  2. norward

    norward Guest

    Never Mind

    Problem solved. Some how the power switch wire had come lose.

    Thanks any way!

    Norm

    "norward" <> wrote in message
    > I am building a computer. Everything went good, got the OS on and loaded
    > drivers ect. One of the side panels has a fan on it. I plugged the fan

    in -
    > the computer would not power on - the power light will flash briefly but

    the

    norward, Nov 14, 2004

  3. norward

    Sultan Guest

    norward wrote in news:Tpxld.12929$:

    > I am building a computer. Everything went good, got the OS on and
    > loaded drivers ect. One of the side panels has a fan on it. I plugged
    > the fan in - the computer would not power on - the power light will
    > flash briefly but the computer will not start. Unplugged the fan on
    > the side panel and still the same thing happens. Any advise?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Norm

    Hi Norm, check to make sure you have the Jumper connectors correct on the
    set for power switch, reset switch power led etc the correct way. I'm
    betting that is your problem, I experienced the same exact thing when
    swapping out motherboards a year ago and tore my hair out until I
    realized my mistake.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Nov 14, 2004
  4. norward

    Liz Guest

    Re: Never Mind

    Anyway, I somehow feel the pleasure is all yours!

    "norward" wrote

    Liz, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Sultan wrote:
    > norward wrote in news:Tpxld.12929$:

    >> I am building a computer. Everything went good, got the OS on and
    >> loaded drivers ect. One of the side panels has a fan on it. I plugged
    >> the fan in - the computer would not power on - the power light will
    >> flash briefly but the computer will not start. Unplugged the fan on
    >> the side panel and still the same thing happens. Any advise?

    > Hi Norm, check to make sure you have the Jumper connectors correct on the
    > set for power switch, reset switch power led etc the correct way. I'm

    How would plugging in that last fan (he said that things were okay
    before that) change his jumpers?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 14, 2004
  6. norward

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:12:35 GMT, "norward" <> wrote:

    >I am building a computer. Everything went good, got the OS on and loaded
    >drivers ect. One of the side panels has a fan on it. I plugged the fan in -
    >the computer would not power on - the power light will flash briefly but the
    >computer will not start. Unplugged the fan on the side panel and still the
    >same thing happens. Any advise?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Norm

    Remove the plug from the wall so the PSU internal breaker will reset. Wait a few
    minutes and plug back in. If it still fails to start, try replacing the PSU.

    Unk, Nov 14, 2004
  7. norward

    Sultan Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote in

    > Sultan wrote:
    >> norward wrote in

    >>> I am building a computer. Everything went good, got the OS on and
    >>> loaded drivers ect. One of the side panels has a fan on it. I
    >>> plugged the fan in - the computer would not power on - the power
    >>> light will flash briefly but the computer will not start. Unplugged
    >>> the fan on the side panel and still the same thing happens. Any
    >>> advise?

    >> Hi Norm, check to make sure you have the Jumper connectors correct on
    >> the set for power switch, reset switch power led etc the correct way.
    >> I'm

    > How would plugging in that last fan (he said that things were okay
    > before that) change his jumpers?

    Plugging in the fan would not have changed his jumpers. Keep in mind
    these are power connectors for the led lights on the front of his case.
    If they are not plugged in correctly then the motherboard will not power
    up - strange but true. Plugging in the fan may have just been the last
    straw- one doesn't realize the complexity of a motherboard.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Nov 14, 2004
  8. Sultan wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote in

    >> Sultan wrote:
    >>> norward wrote in

    >>> Hi Norm, check to make sure you have the Jumper connectors correct on
    >>> the set for power switch, reset switch power led etc the correct way.
    >>> I'm

    >> How would plugging in that last fan (he said that things were okay
    >> before that) change his jumpers?

    > Plugging in the fan would not have changed his jumpers. Keep in mind

    Not much use in checking them, then. :)

    > these are power connectors for the led lights on the front of his case.
    > If they are not plugged in correctly then the motherboard will not power
    > up - strange but true. Plugging in the fan may have just been the last
    > straw- one doesn't realize the complexity of a motherboard.

    Right. But you didn't advise him to check power connectors; you advised him
    to check jumpers.

    Anyway, he found the problem.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 14, 2004