    get back!!!!!

    Many Thanks

    Alistair

    Alistair, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Alistair

    Jerry G. Guest

    Most likely, the restore point was made before this file was created. You
    will have to manually recreate it. In this case, all the contents would
    therefore be lost.

    The best backup you can do is a true image backup. There are a number of
    very good programs that are out there for this. We are using Norton Ghost
    for XP.

    Whatever image software you use, make sure that it is the proper version and
    type for your operating system. You will need an independent adequate media
    to use for the backup storage. The best option is a second hard disk.

    Always backup your system before making any changes, or adding softwares
    that you are not sure of.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    "Alistair" <> wrote in message
    Hi, I performed a System Restore on WinXP, and a folder which I had directly
    under Inbox (same root) has disappeared. When the system came back on, I got
    the standard Microsoft Email saying welcome to Mi......... Other folders
    which are lower down the root are still there. I have searched for the
    missing folder but cant find it nor its contents> Any help in locating it
    would be greatfully recieved, I have wedding details in there that I must
    get back!!!!!

    Many Thanks

    Alistair

    Jerry G., Aug 30, 2004