Lost network connection

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Today I accidently kicked the plug for my router, and it shut down. I
    plugged it back in, but I noticed my main computer lost the internet
    connection. I powered down my modem, my router, and rebooted the two
    computers connected to the router. I have a D-Link 704 wired router,
    connected to a US Robotics cable modem. I'm running WINME on the main
    computer, and Win98 on the second.

    My second computer can connect no problem, but the main computer
    cannot. I can't ping my router, nothing.....it cannot communicate
    outside at all.

    I plugged the cable modem directly into the computer, and it works
    fine...that's how I'm writing this. I've rebooted, shutdown, renewed,
    released ip addresses, but nothing can get my connection back again.

    Any suggestions on what I need to do to reset my computer to bring it
    back onto my network?

    Anything else you need to know, let me know. Thanks for your help.
    John

    John, Sep 13, 2003

  2. John

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use the reset button then download the firmware update from D-Link.

    pcbutts1, Sep 13, 2003