    When I deleted the Owner profile, did I completely wipe out all the
    emails? Any help would be appreciated.

    JoahJo

    JoahJo, May 26, 2006

  2. JoahJo

    Jerry Attic Guest

    "JoahJo" <> said in news:1148682669.123533.183610
    @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

    > I accidentally deleted the Owner profile on my computer (Windows XP). I
    > have found most of my Word, Excel, etc., files but I cannot find about
    > 5 years of emails. I searched for Inbox but it only brings me to the
    > newly reinstalled Netscape Inbox.
    >
    > When I deleted the Owner profile, did I completely wipe out all the
    > emails? Any help would be appreciated.

    Actually, much to the chagrin of politicians, CEOs and child pornographers,
    nothing can be deleted forever from a hard drive. That is, unless you smash
    it to bits. When you delete something, Windows just removes the tags that
    identify it as a piece of worthy data. Eventually, it will be overwritten
    by something else. What you need is some type of recovery software and
    remember this: Google is your friend.....

    Jerry Attic, May 27, 2006