    but this did work to get my doc.

    Please help.

    Jenny Frommut
    Help Me, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Help Me wrote:
    > Hello - my term paper was on a floppy disk and now it
    > says 'error reading disk' when I try to access my Word
    > document. I posted here because I know MCSEs can help
    > fast. My brother said to do an FDISK /MBR at an A: prompt
    > but this did work to get my doc.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Jenny Frommut

    R U hawt?
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Help Me

    Jtyc Guest

    Don't you people work??
    Jtyc, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Help Me

    Consultant Guest

    can you still be reached at 867-5309?

    Consultant, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Help Me

    Guest Guest

    You can try to save it to another disk.
    Push the disk into the floppy drive, but do not open it
    in "my computer".
    Right click on the A drive in "my computer" and "save as"
    to preferably somewhere on your hardrive.

    Try it and see what happens.

    Guest, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Jenny;
    Something here may help:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/datrec.htm
    Otherwise you may need to use the back-up you made??

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Apr 21, 2004
  7. Help Me

    Guest Guest

    Follow those directions:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/datrec.htm

    If worse comes to worse, go to "search", type in the name
    of the term paper and see if it is stored on the hardrive
    somewhere.
    Thank Christ this has worked for me in the past..however
    it doesn't always work!

    Guest, Apr 21, 2004
  8. Help Me

    kpg Guest

    Use the Backup. lol. That's a good one.

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\123560.htm (4/21/2004 3:51:39

    PM) #

    kpg, Apr 21, 2004
  9. Help Me

    Doom Guest

    At work I call this a drive-by. Bypassing the help desk
    and going straight to the admin.
    Doom, Apr 21, 2004
  10. Help Me

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    did you install the previous version client?

    "kpg" <> wrote in news:#3MTnK#JEHA.232
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Use the Backup. lol. That's a good one.
    >
    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\123560.htm (4/21/2004 3:51:39

    > PM) #
    >> Jenny;
    >> Something here may help:
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/datrec.htm
    >> Otherwise you may need to use the back-up you made??
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >>

    >> "Help Me" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hello - my term paper was on a floppy disk and now it
    >> > says 'error reading disk' when I try to access my Word
    >> > document. I posted here because I know MCSEs can help
    >> > fast. My brother said to do an FDISK /MBR at an A: prompt
    >> > but this did work to get my doc.
    >> >
    >> > Please help.
    >> >
    >> > Jenny Frommut

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE
    --
    Rowdy's Home Page
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 21, 2004
  11. Help Me

    Guest Guest

    10 Loser Posts by the mcngp bacterium !!

    Guest, Apr 23, 2004