    google search but couldn't find anything relavent to my situation.

    Any ideas/help would be greatly received.

    TIA
    Kevin Scott, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Kevin Scott

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:13:01 GMT, "Kevin Scott"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all, I'm using XP pro and yesterday my shutdown and restart icons
    >dissappeared from my start menu and I can no longer access task manager by
    >pressing ctrl/alt/del.
    >
    >I realise that this is indicative of being logged on as user rather than
    >than an administrator but I am the sole user set up on this comp and I have
    >admin rights.
    >
    >I haven't added any hardware or software recently and have no clue why
    >windows has taken it upon it's self to throw me a curve ball. I also did a
    >google search but couldn't find anything relavent to my situation.
    >
    >Any ideas/help would be greatly received.
    >
    >TIA

    Try right clicking on the task bar and see if you can open task manager
    from there.
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Kevin Scott

    Kevin Scott Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:13:01 GMT, "Kevin Scott"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all, I'm using XP pro and yesterday my shutdown and restart icons
    >>dissappeared from my start menu and I can no longer access task manager by
    >>pressing ctrl/alt/del.
    >>
    >>I realise that this is indicative of being logged on as user rather than
    >>than an administrator but I am the sole user set up on this comp and I
    >>have
    >>admin rights.
    >>
    >>I haven't added any hardware or software recently and have no clue why
    >>windows has taken it upon it's self to throw me a curve ball. I also did
    >>google search but couldn't find anything relavent to my situation.
    >>
    >>Any ideas/help would be greatly received.
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>

    > Try right clicking on the task bar and see if you can open task manager
    > from there.
    > --
    > "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    > and for the same reason."

    Doesn't work either. :-(
    Kevin Scott, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Kevin Scott enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:

    > Hi all, I'm using XP pro and yesterday my shutdown and restart icons
    > dissappeared from my start menu and I can no longer access task
    > manager by pressing ctrl/alt/del.
    >
    > I realise that this is indicative of being logged on as user rather
    > than than an administrator but I am the sole user set up on this comp
    > and I have admin rights.
    >
    > I haven't added any hardware or software recently and have no clue why
    > windows has taken it upon it's self to throw me a curve ball. I also
    > did a google search but couldn't find anything relavent to my
    > situation.

    With XP Pro, you have gpedit.msc to change such settings.
    I guess, your computer is already 0wned and some kid just fools you, as
    it is really uncommon you by accident could lock down your box to such
    a "kiosk mode".
    Walter Mautner, Sep 18, 2006