    MILLION SITES, that might be 'BILLION'...but that's the one.....All the
    Best...FRED,
    Hope you can help me out 'ere, cos it's doin' my head right in!!
    fredcromer, May 28, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    colin Guest

    fredcromer <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
    news:40b6ddf8$...
    > I can't remember where i got my ADVANCED SEARCHBAR from,( I've misplaced

    it,
    > you see )..It had 'All the Internet' as the search...it also came with the
    > POP-up-Jammer (blue box,inside another blue box), I'm new to computing,

    but
    > i think i got this 'searchbar' from one of the freeware sites,( the ones
    > that come up on the 1st page when looking for the word 'freeware').....I
    > hope someone can help me out,....I'm wondering if it's not just part of

    the
    > windows O/S, i don't think so though....anyway, without it, i've only got
    > that 'orrible long address bar, so PLEASE HELP me someone...OH YEAH!! when
    > you searched for a word, it said at the top of the results...'SEARCHING 4
    > MILLION SITES, that might be 'BILLION'...but that's the one.....All the
    > Best...FRED,
    > Hope you can help me out 'ere, cos it's doin' my head right in!!

    Probably not what you had, but a reasonable substitute.

    http://toolbar.google.com/
    colin, May 28, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Thor Guest

    "colin" <> wrote in message

    > fredcromer <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
    > > I can't remember where i got my ADVANCED SEARCHBAR from,( I've misplaced

    > it,
    > > you see )..It had 'All the Internet' as the search...it also came with

    the
    > > POP-up-Jammer (blue box,inside another blue box), I'm new to computing,

    > but
    > > i think i got this 'searchbar' from one of the freeware sites,( the ones
    > > that come up on the 1st page when looking for the word 'freeware').....I
    > > hope someone can help me out,....I'm wondering if it's not just part of

    > the
    > > windows O/S, i don't think so though....anyway, without it, i've only

    got
    > > that 'orrible long address bar, so PLEASE HELP me someone...OH YEAH!!

    when
    > > you searched for a word, it said at the top of the results...'SEARCHING

    4
    > > MILLION SITES, that might be 'BILLION'...but that's the one.....All the
    > > Best...FRED,
    > > Hope you can help me out 'ere, cos it's doin' my head right in!!
    > >

    > Probably not what you had, but a reasonable substitute.
    >
    > http://toolbar.google.com/

    What he had before, sounds a lot like spyware. Perhaps he ran a spyware
    cleanup tool, and it removed the nasty.
    Thor, May 28, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    colin Guest

    Thor <> wrote in message

    > "colin" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > fredcromer <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
    > > > I can't remember where i got my ADVANCED SEARCHBAR from,( I've

    misplaced
    > > it,
    > > > you see )..It had 'All the Internet' as the search...it also came with

    > the
    > > > POP-up-Jammer (blue box,inside another blue box), I'm new to

    computing,
    > > but
    > > > i think i got this 'searchbar' from one of the freeware sites,( the

    ones
    > > > that come up on the 1st page when looking for the word

    'freeware').....I
    > > > hope someone can help me out,....I'm wondering if it's not just part

    of
    > > the
    > > > windows O/S, i don't think so though....anyway, without it, i've only

    > got
    > > > that 'orrible long address bar, so PLEASE HELP me someone...OH YEAH!!

    > when
    > > > you searched for a word, it said at the top of the

    results...'SEARCHING
    > 4
    > > > MILLION SITES, that might be 'BILLION'...but that's the one.....All

    the
    > > > Best...FRED,
    > > > Hope you can help me out 'ere, cos it's doin' my head right in!!
    > > >

    > > Probably not what you had, but a reasonable substitute.
    > >
    > > http://toolbar.google.com/

    > What he had before, sounds a lot like spyware. Perhaps he ran a spyware
    > cleanup tool, and it removed the nasty.

    Lol..is there a removal tool, for freds:)
    colin, May 28, 2004
  5. Here is the URL for it:

    http://www.advancedsearchbar.com/

    I have it too. Of course, now that I've seen Thor's warning, I may have to
    get rid of it.

    Dimetric Houston, May 30, 2004
  6. fredcromer

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Dimetric Houston" <> wrote in

    > I have it too. Of course, now that I've seen Thor's warning, I may
    > have to get rid of it.

    The only bar worth having is the google toolbar.
    Jim Berwick, May 30, 2004
  7. fredcromer

    Thor Guest

    "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > "Dimetric Houston" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I have it too. Of course, now that I've seen Thor's warning, I may
    > > have to get rid of it.
    > >

    > The only bar worth having is the google toolbar.

    Bingo. But you have to make sure to set it to disable the advanced toolbar
    features during installation, or else it tracks your google searches.
    Thor, May 31, 2004
  8. I installed the Google toolbar and got rid of the AdvancedSearch toolbar.
    The Google toolbar pop-up stopper doesn't seem that effective though. Quite
    a few pop-ups still come in. I wonder what's up with that?

    Dimetric Houston, Jun 9, 2004