    Any suggestions.

    TIA,
    gbg

    G. B. Gaal, Jan 9, 2004

  2. G. B. Gaal

    Boomer Guest

    "G. B. Gaal" <> wrote in
    news:%cpLb.97487$:

    > OS Win98
    > IE 6
    >
    > Several weeks ago my system started putting up 'place holders' - a
    > square box with a red box, a green? circle and a blue triangle -
    > instead of showing the picture; also, I lost my flash player
    > capability. In Internet Options, "Show Pictures" is checked under
    > multimedia heading.
    >
    > I WENT TO INTERNET OPTIONS AND UNLOADED ALL 'UNKNOWN' FILES and
    > Shockwave files, still no help Macromedia Flash, still will not
    > work or reload.
    >
    > Any suggestions.
    >
    > TIA,
    > gbg

    Maybe something from the archives? http://www.google.com/groups

    http://www.google.com/groups?as_epq=red x&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&as_ugroup=24hoursupport.helpdesk&as_uauthors=mike&lr=lang_en&num=100&
    hl=en

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V3D612207

    Boomer, Jan 9, 2004

  3. G. B. Gaal

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 03:27:55 GMT, "G. B. Gaal" <> wrote:
    >OS Win98
    >IE 6
    >
    >Several weeks ago my system started putting up 'place holders' - a square
    >box with a red box, a green? circle and a blue triangle - instead of showing
    >the picture; also, I lost my flash player capability. In Internet Options,
    >"Show Pictures" is checked under multimedia heading.
    >
    >I WENT TO INTERNET OPTIONS AND UNLOADED ALL 'UNKNOWN' FILES and Shockwave
    >files, still no help Macromedia Flash, still will not work or reload.
    >
    >Any suggestions.
    >
    >TIA,
    >gbg

    From IE, click Tools, Internet Options or:
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
    Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia",
    and uncheck "Show image download placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"

    Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the
    "Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK".
    After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk
    space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard
    drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
    Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner,
    especially if IE starts acting funny.

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q263070

    If that didn't fix it, then check here:

    Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q176945

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q260650

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save
    Image with Correct Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q250747

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q223050

    Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q181836

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q283807

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    Unk, Jan 9, 2004