Lost my inbox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gordon Abbot, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    I bought a new computer for my wife, installed the latest Mozilla and
    set up her email account. I wanted to take the old inbox files from the
    old computer and transfer them to the new, but I cannot find the new inbox!

    I searched the computer for "inbox", "profile(s)", even set up a new
    folder called "old inbox" as a subfolder of the new inbox and cannot
    find any of them.

    I unhid all files but I am at a total loss as to where Moz has put the
    new email account.

    I have done this before, transferred an old inbox to a new one on a new
    machine, and never had this problem.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    GA
    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

    Gordon Abbot, Apr 6, 2006

  2. Gordon Abbot

    gwtc Guest

    Gordon Abbot wrote:

    > I bought a new computer for my wife, installed the latest Mozilla and
    > set up her email account. I wanted to take the old inbox files from the
    > old computer and transfer them to the new, but I cannot find the new inbox!
    >
    > I searched the computer for "inbox", "profile(s)", even set up a new
    > folder called "old inbox" as a subfolder of the new inbox and cannot
    > find any of them.
    >
    > I unhid all files but I am at a total loss as to where Moz has put the
    > new email account.
    >
    > I have done this before, transferred an old inbox to a new one on a new
    > machine, and never had this problem.
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.
    >
    > GA

    from the mail program, click on Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account
    Settings, click on the account in question, then under Server
    Settings, look at the bottom on the right side and you will see Local
    Directory. This will tell you approximately where your NEW inbox is
    located.

    --
    Something to Ponder: Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

    gwtc, Apr 6, 2006