    Also, I seem to have lost all my cookies.....!

    What did I do wrong please?

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier
    Jean-Pierre Gauthier, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Guest

    "Jean-Pierre Gauthier" <> wrote:

    >I'm into newbie land here for I am trying something new (to me).
    >
    >I made a user account for my grand daughter and added a password for
    >mine (administrator) at the same time.
    >
    >All works well except that I lost all my favourites in my IE. How do I
    >get these back?
    >
    >Also, I seem to have lost all my cookies.....!
    >
    >What did I do wrong please?

    Assuming XP.

    First you need to see the files
    Windows Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - View
    Select show hidden files, Unselect Hide Extenstions, Hide protected
    system files (you will get an alert press ok) Apply and OK

    Start | Run <type in> %USERPROFILE% <enter> This is your profile.

    With Windows Explorer go to the directory: C:\Documents and Settings
    Each sub directory there is a user profile, Find your old cookies and
    Favorites within a profile and copy them to your profile.

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

  3. Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Guest

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
    > I'm into newbie land here for I am trying something new (to me).
    >
    > I made a user account for my grand daughter and added a password for
    > mine (administrator) at the same time.
    >
    > All works well except that I lost all my favourites in my IE. How do I
    > get these back?
    >
    > Also, I seem to have lost all my cookies.....!
    >
    > What did I do wrong please?
    >
    > Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Not sure... unless you inadvertently created a second profile. You
    could go to C:\Documents and Settings\ then look around for a
    duplicate profile or one with a suffix. One one be "Administrator" and
    the other might be "Administrator.WORKGROUP" or some such. Your
    favorites are probably in the profile without the suffix... just a
    guess.
    , Sep 7, 2006
  4. Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    ProfGene Guest

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
    > I'm into newbie land here for I am trying something new (to me).
    >
    > I made a user account for my grand daughter and added a password for
    > mine (administrator) at the same time.
    >
    > All works well except that I lost all my favourites in my IE. How do I
    > get these back?
    >
    > Also, I seem to have lost all my cookies.....!
    >
    > What did I do wrong please?
    >
    > Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    You don't need your cookies except on certain sites that will
    automatically log you in or go to the place or settings that you want
    and you can get these back by if you just go to the sites and log in or
    choose the settings you want, then these cookies will work again.
    ProfGene, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    ProfGene Guest

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
    > I'm into newbie land here for I am trying something new (to me).
    >
    > I made a user account for my grand daughter and added a password for
    > mine (administrator) at the same time.
    >
    > All works well except that I lost all my favourites in my IE. How do I
    > get these back?
    >
    > Also, I seem to have lost all my cookies.....!
    >
    > What did I do wrong please?
    >
    > Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    You probably can't get them back but you should back them up next time.
    You can do this by copying them from the Documents and Settngs folder
    where you will see the favorites folder. Then you can copy them and
    make a backup folder. Your cookies will come back as you go to each site
    where you got them from. Most of the time you don't want cookies but
    they are handy for sites you go to a lot so you don't have to log in.
    ProfGene, Sep 24, 2006