    there some way of finding them again? I've rebooted, but to no avail thus
    far.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, May 1, 2006

  2. Jim Beaver

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 19:02:23 GMT, "Jim Beaver" <> wrote:

    >For the first time in about ten years, I had an OE crash. For some reason,
    >all of the emails in my Inbox from November, 2005 until today disappeared.
    >No other folders were affected. Are these emails gone into the ether, or is
    >there some way of finding them again? I've rebooted, but to no avail thus
    >far.
    >
    >Jim Beaver

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q321505

    Don't you have them backed up somewhere?

    --
    "If you don't know the terminology, the netiquette, or the basic issues,
    then you shouldn't be here telling everyone else "But you should do it

    Mara, May 1, 2006

  3. Jim Beaver

    beenthere Guest

    "Jim Beaver" <> wrote in message
    > For the first time in about ten years, I had an OE crash. For some
    > reason, all of the emails in my Inbox from November, 2005 until today
    > disappeared. No other folders were affected. Are these emails gone into
    > the ether, or is there some way of finding them again? I've rebooted, but
    > to no avail thus far.
    >
    > Jim Beaver

    Hi Jim. your emails are stored as .dbx files.
    Do a Start\Search for .dbx, that`ll take you to the folder where
    they are stored. Your files might be corrupt, or extinct.
    You can read some of the content with wordpad.
    HTH.

    beenthere, May 1, 2006
  4. Jim Beaver

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jim Beaver wrote:
    > For the first time in about ten years, I had an OE crash. For some
    > reason, all of the emails in my Inbox from November, 2005 until today
    > disappeared. No other folders were affected. Are these emails gone
    > into the ether, or is there some way of finding them again? I've
    > rebooted, but to no avail thus far.

    Tom Koch's inside oe explains about problems with interference between
    some McAfee VirusScan and OE and also describes how the Inbox or other
    ..dbx files can become corrupt. Then the inbox would be replaced by
    inbox(1).dbx

    See the section http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
    Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear

    That site also explains how to access OE files and gives links to tools
    to use to extract or repair the .dbx files

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 1, 2006