    I deleted the mac address in the set list of my isdn router. How can I
    restore it? I can't find it printed anywhere on the router either...

    Bjorn
    Bjorn, Oct 23, 2003

  2. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:21:25 +0200, Bjorn wrote:
    > I deleted the mac address in the set list of my isdn router. How can I
    > restore it? I can't find it printed anywhere on the router either...

    show interface ethernet 0 will say something like

    router# show interface ethernet0
    Ethernet0 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is AmdP2, address is 00d0.c0f0.7c20 (bia 00d0.c0f0.7c20)

    Where the bia address is the burned in address.

    --
    Jesper Skriver, CCIE #5456, FreeBSD committer
    Jesper Skriver, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Bjorn

    Bjorn Guest

    But bias address also shows 0000.0000.0000..........

    Can I "take" another Cisco MAC address and use it as long as those two
    routers never will be on the same network?

    Bjorn

    Bjorn, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Bjorn

    Bjorn Guest

    OK, I found antoher Cisco ISDN router and nicked the MAC-address. Worked
    fine, as long as those to never meet on an internal network...

    Bjorn, Oct 27, 2003
  5. On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:57:19 +0100, Bjorn wrote:
    > OK, I found antoher Cisco ISDN router and nicked the MAC-address. Worked
    > fine, as long as those to never meet on an internal network...

    If not, you are free to use the below, I'm sure that my 1700 and
    your 803 will never meet.

    /Jesper

    Jesper Skriver, Oct 27, 2003