    Third, is there any way to recover my history?

    Thanks
    John

    John Seeliger, Jan 10, 2004

  2. John Seeliger

    Iceman Guest

    "John Seeliger" <> wrote in message
    news:btp868$9pcif$-berlin.de...
    > At some point, apperently between Tuesday morning and Wednesday night, I
    > lost my internet history. I had copied it on 071803 to a folder in my
    > documents and told IE to save it for 367 days and I planned to make

    regular
    > backup at the same time each year.
    >
    > I went back and did a restore to Tuesday and the different weeks show up,
    > but they are empty. Then I also looked at what I have been copying to my

    My
    > Documents folder and all there is is an index file in about four seperate
    > folders. First of all, since the index file doesn't look too large, is my
    > entire surfing history held in these, or am I just wasting my time?

    Second,
    > to gaurantee that I keep my internet histories, what should I back up?
    > Third, is there any way to recover my history?

    Use Spider to read your index.dat files. It can also save your history as a
    *.txt file.

    http://www.fsm.nl/ward/

    Iceman, Jan 10, 2004

  3. John Seeliger

    °Mike° Guest

    Your actual history is kept in the registry -- the history folder
    is a Shell Folder, with indexes that point to the registry
    entries. Backing up history is not a simple matter.

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:10:47 -0600, in
    <btp868$9pcif$-berlin.de>
    John Seeliger scrawled:

    --