    connection before.

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Scott, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Scott

    Clark Guest

    Have you disabled the Windows Wireless utility?

    When you changed the name, did you type it exactly the same as for as upper
    and lower case letters?

    Did you redo the network for the new SSID and reset all the settings under
    that connection?

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Clark,

    Can you refresh my memory about how to disable Windows Wireless utility?

    My new problem is that instead of 2.8mbps, I'm only getting 100kb download
    on my Charter connection.

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Scott, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Scott

    Clark Guest

    WZC is right click on Network Places and select properties. Right click on
    your wireless connection and select properties. In the Wireless networks tab
    at the top, uncheck the Use Windows box.

    You should see your wireless networks in the box below. If the WZC is
    turned off you will not be able to access the properties in the Preferred
    Networks box. You must use your other utility to set up each network. So
    make sure the network with the new SSID has the correct settings and you
    might want to remove the old one.

    If you decide to use the Windows controller instead, you might try not
    not sure.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Scott