    Where do I look for a program (linux) that I downloaded to my pc. It was
    saved in a CD burning file, but I cannot find it
    TIA

    Rich, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Rich

    °Mike° Guest

    What did you download it with, and where from?

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:17:07 -0800, in
    <f71qopd7sz50$>
    Rich scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2003

  3. > Where do I look for a program (linux) that I downloaded to my pc. It was
    > saved in a CD burning file, but I cannot find it

    Is this a Linux program you were downloading or a Linux distribution?
    If it's a distribution, you might be looking for the CD image file, so
    search for "*.iso" on your disks.

    Alexander Rogge, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:55:01 +0000, Alexander Rogge wrote:

    >> Where do I look for a program (linux) that I downloaded to my pc. It was
    >> saved in a CD burning file, but I cannot find it

    > Is this a Linux program you were downloading or a Linux distribution?
    > If it's a distribution, you might be looking for the CD image file, so
    > search for "*.iso" on your disks.

    I downloaded it from knoppix; after it was finished downloading I closed
    the window, and now I cannot find it on my HD.

    Rich, Dec 14, 2003
  5. >>>Where do I look for a program (linux) that I downloaded to my pc. It was
    >>>saved in a CD burning file, but I cannot find it

    > I downloaded it from knoppix; after it was finished downloading I closed
    > the window, and now I cannot find it on my HD.

    I assume that you have downloaded KNOPPIX v.3.3. The KNOPPIX
    distribution comes as a CD image file that is about 700 MB in size. The
    file name for the current English distribution is
    "KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso".

    Alexander Rogge, Dec 14, 2003