Lost in Space boxed set problem

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Lindsay Brambles, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I was just wondering if anyone else had the following problem on disc one
    of the Lost in Space TV series DVD set: When playing episode two I note
    a vertical black bar on the right hand side of the screen. This does not
    appear in any of the other episodes on this disc, nor on the menu screen
    for this particular episode -- so it would appear to be some sort of
    transfer flaw and not something to do with the DVD-ROM drive or video card
    of the computer I was watching it on. I haven't seen anyone else mention
    this, but I can't see how it would be specific to just the set I bought.

    Hope to see some posts on this, one way or another. If, indeed, mine is
    faulty, then I may be able to take it back and exchange it (although
    Futureshop is pretty picky about that sort of thingif the DVD has been
    opened).

    Thanks.

    --Lindsay

    --
    Lindsay H.F. Brambles | * |\ | ----- *
    | | | \ | / |

    Lindsay Brambles, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Lindsay Brambles

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Lindsay Brambles" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was just wondering if anyone else had the following problem on disc one
    > of the Lost in Space TV series DVD set: When playing episode two I note
    > a vertical black bar on the right hand side of the screen. This does not
    > appear in any of the other episodes on this disc, nor on the menu screen
    > for this particular episode -- so it would appear to be some sort of
    > transfer flaw and not something to do with the DVD-ROM drive or video card
    > of the computer I was watching it on. I haven't seen anyone else mention
    > this, but I can't see how it would be specific to just the set I bought.
    >
    > Hope to see some posts on this, one way or another. If, indeed, mine is
    > faulty, then I may be able to take it back and exchange it (although
    > Futureshop is pretty picky about that sort of thingif the DVD has been
    > opened).
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --Lindsay

    I also notice that the acting is particularly hammy. Is it my player?

    :eek:)

    Jay Stewart, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Lindsay Brambles

    Rutgar Guest

    On 19 Jan 2004 23:51:34 GMT, (Lindsay
    Brambles) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I was just wondering if anyone else had the following problem on disc one
    >of the Lost in Space TV series DVD set: When playing episode two I note
    >a vertical black bar on the right hand side of the screen. This does not
    >appear in any of the other episodes on this disc, nor on the menu screen
    >for this particular episode -- so it would appear to be some sort of
    >transfer flaw and not something to do with the DVD-ROM drive or video card
    >of the computer I was watching it on. I haven't seen anyone else mention
    >this, but I can't see how it would be specific to just the set I bought.
    >
    >Hope to see some posts on this, one way or another. If, indeed, mine is
    >faulty, then I may be able to take it back and exchange it (although
    >Futureshop is pretty picky about that sort of thingif the DVD has been
    >opened).
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >--Lindsay

    Wow, you're lucky! My set shows vertical black bars on BOTH sides of
    the picture on all episodes!

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Jan 20, 2004