    today but 3 different stores did not have it and no one when asked could
    say when or if it's due (or delayed). Anyone know what's up this time?

    T.B.

    Thomas Bell, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Thomas Bell

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Thomas Bell" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I thought the Lost in Sapce 1st season box was supposed to be released
    > today but 3 different stores did not have it and no one when asked could
    > say when or if it's due (or delayed). Anyone know what's up this time?
    >
    > T.B.

    The first announced release of Lost In Space UPC 024543079040 was cancelled
    by Fox. The second announcement of the first season, UPC 024543102502 is
    still set for release on January 13th. Most online retailers have it still
    listed for that date and Fox is still holding to it although it appears that
    a few online sites have it listed as in stock as of today. Considering Fox
    still has the 13th as the release date and most stores are listing it as
    such the few that are posting it as available may just have a glitch on
    their end.
    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info

    Doug MacLean, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Thomas Bell

    Bill Guest

    I saw an advertisement for the LIS DVD set on TV last night--hopefully
    that's a positive sign.

    Bill, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Thomas Bell

    jayembee Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    > "Thomas Bell" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> I thought the Lost in Sapce 1st season box was supposed
    >> to be released today but 3 different stores did not have
    >> it and no one when asked could say when or if it's due
    >> (or delayed). Anyone know what's up this time?

    > The first announced release of Lost In Space UPC 024543079040
    > was cancelled by Fox. The second announcement of the first
    > season, UPC 024543102502 is still set for release on January
    > 13th. Most online retailers have it still listed for that
    > date and Fox is still holding to it although it appears that
    > a few online sites have it listed as in stock as of today.
    > Considering Fox still has the 13th as the release date and
    > most stores are listing it as such the few that are posting
    > it as available may just have a glitch on their end.

    Or are breaking the street date.

    Oddly enough, I just picked up a copy last night at the Best
    Buy in Nashua, NH. There definitely weren't any copies at
    the BB in Newington, NH when I was there on Tuesday. Either
    the Nashua store put them out early, or there was some
    confusion in their database about the proper street date.

    (I'm willing to bet the former. There have been other instances
    where I've picked up something from one or another of the
    local Best Buys a week or two early.)

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 8, 2004