Lost Highway

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Pat, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Lots of Lost Highway DVD all over the world. Some NTSC, some PAL, some full
    screen, letterboxed, and anamorphic. Some are cut, some are edited.

    IDEAL VERSION:

    (1) Anamorphic 2:35-1

    (2) Running Time 135 minutes

    (3) No cuts of edits

    (4) NTSC

    (5) Special Feature

    Although its PAL, I have found a close one but am afraid it may not be a
    commercial copy, if you know what I mean.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3389979730&category=2305

    Pat, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Pat

    Frog Stomper Guest

    What a rip-off, it's just the standard R4 version save $$$$$$ and buy it
    direct from Australia.

    Frog Stomper, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Pat

    napalm68 Guest

    Yeah, it was legally released in a lot of PAL countries. Australia would be
    the cheapest. It is anamorphic. The source for it was a print, not an
    interpositive or negative, but pretty good. Some extras too. A little bit of
    edge enhancement but nowhere near the level of badness like X2

    napalm68, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Pat

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "napalm68" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, it was legally released in a lot of PAL countries. Australia

    would be
    > the cheapest. It is anamorphic. The source for it was a print, not an
    > interpositive or negative, but pretty good. Some extras too. A little

    bit of
    > edge enhancement but nowhere near the level of badness like X2

    The edge enhancement on X2 is pretty minor. Try turning your TV's
    sharpness down.

    Joshua Zyber, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Pat

    Michael Guest

    I agree, X2's EE wasn't that bad. I wish the R4 transfer of Lost Highway
    was as nice as X2's, same for the sound.

    Michael, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Pat

    Karl S Guest

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:17:49 +1100, "Frog Stomper"
    <> wrote:

    >What a rip-off, it's just the standard R4 version save $$$$$$ and buy it
    >direct from Australia.

    I would like to do that.

    Do you know of an Australian online DVD store that ships to the USA?

    Thanks,

    Karl

    Karl S, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Pat