    cleaned out all temp files exc... no recent programs installed other than
    the usual updates...
    would welcome any input... TIA..

    john c93, Nov 21, 2004

  2. john c93

    MJP Guest

    "john c93" <> wrote in message
    news:cM3od.130$...
    > just noticed on c/ drive properties on the cake its gone down from 5.2 gb
    > to 1.0gb left
    > cleaned out all temp files exc... no recent programs installed other than
    > the usual updates...
    > would welcome any input... TIA..

    Download Sequoia view, it will give you a graphical representation of your
    hard disk usage. A great utility in my opinion.Available here
    http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

    MJP

    MJP, Nov 21, 2004

  3. john c93

    doS Guest

    Using XP?
    Maybe the system restore files have grown.

    doS, Nov 21, 2004
  4. john c93

    °Mike° Guest

    A few more details about your system might help.
    Like, have you got Norton Protected Recycle bin?
    Have you emptied it, and the normal one?
    Have you ran scandisk?
    How about releasing your system restore points?

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:55:36 GMT, in
    <cM3od.130$>
    john c93 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 21, 2004
  5. john c93

    john c93 Guest

    thanks all for your inputs, sussed it out !! defrag this morning, its seems
    a avg dat file got into notebook , as the
    file was to big for it , it caused the prob !!! uninstalled avg and re-inst
    cured ...

    john c93, Nov 21, 2004