    GS

    PS I've done a search for modified/new files on the date I used ee but
    nothing has come up.
    g saul, Feb 5, 2006

  2. g saul

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 18:31:35 GMT, g saul wrote:

    Try reading this first
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    posting the From: email address you used to a public newsgroup is only a
    good way to get lots of spam.

    >Can anyone please help. I recently used Evidence eliminator to clean up my
    >PC (Used it several times in the past with excellent results) but after the
    >programme had finished both my hard drives had suddenly filled up. My second
    >Drive thinks it's totally full (80GB) however before using the software it
    >had 30GB of free space. I can't undersatnd how it could lose 30Gb of space
    >overnight.
    >Has anyone any suggestions on how to retreive it?

    1st figure out what took the space up.

    Some suggestions,

    Did EE create an undo file.

    You have cleared , checking 1st , the recycle bin. Or disable recycle
    bin (not needing to undelete anything) , delete the recycle bin folders.
    Re-enable recycle bin <---- fairly important to remember if you use it a
    lot.

    A chksdk didn't reveal any problems.

    EE created a 30GB file(s) to blank unused disk space but didn't tidy up
    after.

    Try something like
    Showman (Disk Utilities) from http://www.satsignal.net/ or even WinTidy.

    >Thx in advance
    >
    >GS
    >
    >PS I've done a search for modified/new files on the date I used ee but
    >nothing has come up.

    Try size.

    Me
    why?, Feb 5, 2006

  3. g saul wrote:

    > I recently used Evidence eliminator to clean up my PC ...

    Sorry about your hard drive problem, but have you ever
    googled for: evidence eliminator sucks

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 5, 2006
  4. g saul

    Wal Guest

    Hi GS,

    I use a different shredder to Eliminator. This shredder has an option of
    part filling
    your drive with zeros to reduce the area that needs to be cleaned each time.
    Is it possible that Eliminator also has this option and you have
    accidentally set it up?

    I have noted when using my current shredder and others I have used that just
    before the program ends a disk full warning comes up on the screen. It
    appears to me that when it is over writing the disk it is creating a single
    file that is deleted when it is done.
    If it did not remove it and you cannot see it on your disk maybe it is a
    hidden. If you are running Win98 you should be able to unhide the file. I am
    not so sure about unhiding files on XP, it is a bit of a nanny system. Maybe
    rerunning Eliminator would remove it.

    Good Luck
    Wal

    Wal, Feb 5, 2006
  5. g saul

    Plato Guest

    g saul wrote:

    > Can anyone please help. I recently used Evidence eliminator to clean up my
    > PC (Used it several times in the past with excellent results) but after the

    1. You wasted your money as anything that crap apps does one can get for
    free.
    2. Get the Author to provide tech support.

    --
    http://www.kissmyip.com/
    Plato, Feb 6, 2006
  6. g saul

    Wal Guest

    Hi GS,

    Have you run scandisk. I think you may have a "lost file fragment",
    a file that has not properly deleted.
    It is a good idea to run scandisk before running a shredder program
    just in case there is a problem on your disk.

    Regards,
    Wal

    Wal, Feb 7, 2006