    option is missing from startup menu and pull down. a message board got
    me the folder back but its still missing the "hide sys folders"
    section. any ideas how to get it back short of reloading win98? thanks
    bill johnson, Nov 14, 2006

  2. bill johnson

    poeta Guest

    poeta, Nov 14, 2006

  3. bill johnson

    Guest

    , Nov 14, 2006
  4. bill johnson

    Ben Myers Guest

    "bill johnson" <> wrote in message news:...
    > yeah i was getting rid of a virus (first ever) and now the folders
    > option is missing from startup menu and pull down. a message board got
    > me the folder back but its still missing the "hide sys folders"
    > section. any ideas how to get it back short of reloading win98? thanks

    Start Notepad, copy and paste the following text to it and save it to your
    desktop as "hidden.reg". Then double-click the file and confirm the change.
    You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

    REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden]
    "Text"="Hidden files"
    "Type"="group"
    "Bitmap"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\SHDOC401.DLL,4"
    "HelpID"="update.hlp#51131"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\NOHIDDEN]
    "RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Advanced"
    "Text"="Do not show hidden files"
    "Type"="radio"
    "ValueName"="Hidden"
    "DefaultValue"=dword:00000000
    "HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001
    "HelpID"="update.hlp#51104"
    "CheckedValue"=dword:00000002
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\NOHIDORSYS]
    "RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Advanced"
    "Text"="Do not show hidden or system files"
    "Type"="radio"
    "CheckedValue"=dword:00000000
    "ValueName"="Hidden"
    "DefaultValue"=dword:00000000
    "HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001
    "HelpID"="update.hlp#51103"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL]
    "RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Advanced"
    "Text"="Show all files"
    "Type"="radio"
    "CheckedValue"=dword:00000001
    "ValueName"="Hidden"
    "DefaultValue"=dword:00000000
    "HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001
    "HelpID"="update.hlp#51105"
    [end]

    Ben
    Ben Myers, Nov 15, 2006
  5. bill johnson

    Guest

  6. bill johnson

    Guest

  7. bill johnson

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 16 Nov 2006 08:50:23 -0800, wrote:

    >www.valmirviana.

    You are a stupid ignorant ****.

    I mean if someone really got fed up of your stupid fucking spamming,
    you put your phone number right there on your home page.

    Not too smart, are you?
    Evan Platt, Nov 16, 2006
  8. bill johnson

    nope Guest

    thanks!!!!

    nope, Nov 17, 2006
  9. bill johnson

    bill johnson Guest

    thanks a lot - all that was missing was the "group" dword value. it
    was just really hard to find out WHERE to look - how can i find THAT
    info when i need it???

    your help was very appreciated (and actually kinda unexpected!) .

    human kindness is overflowing, and i think it's going to rain
    today....

    bill johnson, Nov 17, 2006
  10. bill johnson

    Ben Myers Guest

    If you are asking how to search the registry, just start regedit and
    press "Ctrl-F". Obviously, strategic selection of keywords will
    speed things up. Of course, it is difficult to tell if the registry
    is even involved, but when you're dealing with something that
    the user can change, it probably is.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Nov 17, 2006
  11. bill johnson