    --
    Roger Hird

    Website: http://roger.hird.orpheusweb.co.uk

    Roger Hird, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Roger Hird wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I run Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7 on Windows XP. The other day XP crashed and
    > I had to reinstall Windows and all my software including Firefox - the
    > newly installed version of which now starts with an empty bookmarks
    > folder.
    >
    > The old Firefox is still on the machine - and apparently with all its
    > profile data. Is there any way I can apply the "old" Firefox's profiles
    > to the new installation? They appear to be the same version.

    actually, just copy over the following files:

    bookmarks -- bookmarks.html
    password file -- signons1.txt [or signons.txt or
    signons2.txt] and key3.db

    do this copying with the program closed.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 20, 2008

  3. Roger Hird

    Roger Hird Guest

    In article <fn0fod$3a0$>,
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    > actually, just copy over the following files:

    > bookmarks -- bookmarks.html
    > password file -- signons1.txt [or signons.txt or
    > signons2.txt] and key3.db

    > do this copying with the program closed.

    Thanks - quick, easy and it worked! This is what Usenet is all about.

    I was hopeful it was as straightforward as this - but I've not spent much
    time messing round the inside of Windows applications (for everything
    except browsing and photos I use RISC OS - from a simpler, older, nicer
    world!) and was cautious of messing things up. I might have managed it by
    myself eventually - but not necessarily. Thanks again.

    RogerH

    Roger Hird, Jan 20, 2008