    thing. I searched for AVI., Mpegs, and and can't find it. I have a External HD
    which I sent it to but it decided on it's own to put stuff on my C. It's
    driving me nuts.....BG

    BillKirch, Feb 23, 2004

  2. BillKirch

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    oads (BillKirch) wrote in
    news::

    > I somehow managed to load a huge video file on my c drive With Studio
    > 9 (which sucks) I manually deleted some of it somehow.But it is STILL
    > there. My 12 yo son says it's a lost file. Is there such a thing? and
    > if so How do I find this thing. I searched for AVI., Mpegs, and and
    > can't find it. I have a External HD which I sent it to but it decided
    > on it's own to put stuff on my C. It's driving me nuts.....BG

    He probably meant lost file as in the file itself is gone, but the file
    system still has the space marked as used. If you are running Windows 9x,
    run scandisk. If you are running Windows 2000/XP, open a command prompt
    (start, run, cmd <enter>) and type:
    chkdsk /x c:
    Say yes to run at the next reboot, and then reboot the machine.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 23, 2004

  3. BillKirch

    fruitbat Guest

    "BillKirch" <> wrote in message
    > I somehow managed to load a huge video file on my c drive With Studio 9

    (which
    > sucks) I manually deleted some of it somehow.But it is STILL there. My 12

    yo
    > son says it's a lost file. Is there such a thing? and if so How do I find

    this
    > thing. I searched for AVI., Mpegs, and and can't find it. I have a

    External HD
    > which I sent it to but it decided on it's own to put stuff on my C. It's
    > driving me nuts.....BG

    Do a search for large files without specifying a file name.
    To do this:
    Select "Start" then "Search" then "all files and folders"
    Do not fill in a file name, bit look further down for "What size is it."
    For a size, enter a large value such as 200,000 Kb and then start your
    search.

    You will only find a few files where it is up to you to sort out which is
    your "lost" video stuff.

    (These instructions work for my Win XP and may do so for other Windows.)

    fruitbat, Feb 23, 2004
  4. BillKirch

    r49miner Guest

    "BillKirch" <> wrote in message
    > I somehow managed to load a huge video file on my c drive With Studio 9

    (which
    > sucks) I manually deleted some of it somehow.But it is STILL there. My 12

    yo
    > son says it's a lost file. Is there such a thing? and if so How do I find

    this
    > thing. I searched for AVI., Mpegs, and and can't find it. I have a

    External HD
    > which I sent it to but it decided on it's own to put stuff on my C. It's
    > driving me nuts.....BG

    Pinnacle Systems has there own site:
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/menusupport_n.asp?product_id=1501&division_id=1&d
    ivision_id=1&langue_id=7

    Copy and paste the whole URL on your browser and you might resolve the
    problem there. Plus they also have there own Forums for resolving problems.
    Hope this helps.

    Chuck the Miner

    r49miner, Feb 23, 2004
  5. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    >To do this:
    >Select "Start" then "Search" then "all files and folders"
    >Do not fill in a file name, bit look further down for "What size is it."
    >For a size, enter a large value such as 200,000 Kb and then start your
    >search.

    #############
    Thanks that helped ...I found it. I never tried that before ..never noticed it
    before. BG

    BillKirch, Feb 23, 2004
  6. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    >Copy and paste the whole URL on your browser and you might resolve the
    >problem there. Plus they also have there own Forums for resolving problems.
    >Hope this helps.
    >
    >Chuck the Miner

    ############### It's useless. I hate
    Pinnacle. you have to register answer a page of questions and there links to
    updates and downloads don't work. I hate them. BG

    BillKirch, Feb 24, 2004