    correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If
    Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your netowrk
    administrator."

    Microsoft, Sep 23, 2007

  2. Microsoft

    Paul Hand Guest

    I just set up this software to access newsgroups. Didn't realize I'd called
    myself "Microsoft", guess if I were Microsoft, I wouldn't be needing help.
    :), but since I'm not . . .

    Paul Hand, Sep 23, 2007

  3. Microsoft

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 04:24:02 -0700, "Paul Hand" <> wrote:

    >"Microsoft" <> wrote in message
    >>I have two computers in a DSL wireless network, one XP Pro ("New"), one XP
    >>Home ("Old"). Internet sharing and printer sharing are working fine. File
    >>sharing used to work, but yesterday, in the midst of a file transfer from
    >>Old to New, I had an inadvertent reboot of Old. New froze up and had to be
    >>rebooted. I have lost file sharing on both computers, and repeated
    >>reinstalling of the network hasn't helped. I get an error message (see
    >>below) when trying to access workgroup: "My Network Places>Entire
    >>Network>Microsoft Windows Network>mshome". The designation of the two
    >>computers under "Shared Documents" has disappeared. Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> "Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    >> network resource. Contact the adminitrator of this server to find out
    >> if you have access permissions.
    >>
    >> Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is
    >> correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off.
    >> If Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your
    >> netowrk administrator."

    >I just set up this software to access newsgroups. Didn't realize I'd called
    >myself "Microsoft", guess if I were Microsoft, I wouldn't be needing help.
    >:), but since I'm not . . .

    Don't you hate it when that happens? ;-)

    An error 53, combined with lost visibility of other computers, is generally
    caused by a NetBT or personal firewall problem.
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    What did you do in "reinstalling of the network"? Look at LSP / Winsock
    corruption too.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/problems-with-lsp-winsock-layer-in.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/problems-with-lsp-winsock-layer-in.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

    Chuck [MVP], Sep 23, 2007
  4. Thanks for your help Chuck. I'm sure the answer to my problem could be
    found in the sources you gave me, but I decided that with my level of
    expertise they would take more time than I have to devote. I'm afraid I
    took the coward's way out and hired a tech expert who used XP's Remote
    Assistance feature to fix the problem is just a few minutes. ;-O

    news.microsoft.com, Sep 26, 2007