    lol.
    Cheers
    Glenn

    Bullet8654, Mar 1, 2005

  2. "Bullet8654" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to
    > stop it
    > happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple
    > like me,
    > lol.
    > Cheers
    > Glenn

    You're about to lose even more, Glenn. Abuse report FILED with
    . Anyone else may do the same. Kick this
    shithead off of Usenet.

    Now I must masturbate.

    Nancy Strongarme, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Bullet8654

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
    > happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like
    > me,
    > lol.
    > Cheers
    > Glenn

    raid level 1
    disk mirroring

    i assume it was a hdd failure

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Bullet8654

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
    > happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like
    > me,
    > lol.
    > Cheers
    > Glenn

    Do you have a CD or DVD writer? Get good backup software. (If you had posted
    what OS you use, I could be more specific, but I use Backup MyPC here at
    home...something else at work.) Learn where your data is that you need to
    keep backups of. Some of it is rather well hidden (Windows address book, for
    instance.)

    Toolman Tim, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Bullet8654

    Bullet8654 Guest

    Yes complete failure
    Glenn

    Bullet8654, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Bullet8654

    jda^fx Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 04:34:53 -0000, "Bullet8654"
    <> wrote:

    >Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to stop it
    >happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple like me,
    >lol.
    >Cheers
    >Glenn

    another simple trick: If you have data and OS on different partitions
    or harddisks, set your mailprogram to store it's data, .pst file if it
    is MS Outlook, on the data partition instead of the documents and
    settings folder, then it will not be lost in case you will have to do
    a reinstall. And then include it in the CD backup

    --
    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Bullet8654

    Brian Guest

    "Nancy Strongarme" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > "Bullet8654" <> wrote in message
    > > Just lost everything. Complete wipe out. What is the best way to
    > > stop it
    > > happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be simple
    > > like me,
    > > lol.
    > > Cheers
    > > Glenn

    > You're about to lose even more, Glenn. Abuse report FILED with
    > . Anyone else may do the same. Kick this
    > shithead off of Usenet.

    Bitch!

    Brian, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Bullet8654

    dadiOH Guest

    Bullet8654 wrote:
    > Just lost everything. Complete wipe out.

    Think of it as Fate's way of letting you start over so you can do
    better in the future :)
    ____________

    > What is the best way to stop
    > it happening again, e.g.. Back up? Web storage ? etc. gotta be
    > simple like me, lol.
    > Cheers
    > Glenn

    One or more additional physical hard drives with a bootable primary
    partition somewhat larger in size than the amount *used* on C. Copy C:
    to it (them) at regular intervals with a program that will replicate
    source deletions (Karen's Replicator works well). If C: should die,
    open case, move the primary IDE cable from C: to backup drive, close
    case, turn on power. You are restored.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Mar 1, 2005
  9. Bullet8654

    Bullet8654 Guest

    WinXP CD/DVDRW.
    Thought there might be an idiot proof program around.
    Glenn

    Bullet8654, Mar 1, 2005